Have you received a suspicious text message? Learn more

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (155)

Relevance
How to change NAT type on Arris NVG589 wireless router?

My computer is running the latest version of Windows 10, wired through ethernet to my router, which is hard-wired into the wall. I'm having some trouble with Xbox Live's Teredo, which is keeping me from going online on one of my games. I think the problem lies with my router's NAT settings. So far

Questions

• AT&T Internet Equipment

Motorola/Arris NVG589 Security

Hi:    I have been having difficulties with someone breaking into ie. compromising the U-Verse NVG 589 equipment.  I have had 5 static IPs since AT&T offered DSL.  As a result the defaultgateway is next to the last static IP.  So, if my first static IP is xxx.yyy.zzz.142 the defaultrouter for the 5

Questions

Technicians do not show up to their appointments

My internet has not worked since a storm came through a week ago. I made an appointment for a technician to come out to my house after all the troubleshooting was done to determine there was not fix I could do on my end and there was no service issues. Earliest appointment was Friday. The technician

Questions

• AT&T Internet Account

ARRIS NVG589 DNS/hostnames for static IP hosts

I was having lots of problem with my 2-wire router and an AT&T tech replaced it with the NVG589 and I am seeing some strange stuff with my hosts with static IP addresses. For one the hostname of a mac host was changed to "unknownXXXXXXX" where those X's is a string of hex code. Also, the domain was

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Horrible AT&T Driver backs up traffic while playing on his phone.

You have a sticker on the back of your company cars that says, "It Can Wait. Eyes on the road, not your phone." Meanwhile your driver is screwing around on his phone so much he's swerving and stopping at green lights. Not a light that was red and we were sitting there and it turned green. It was a g

Questions

• Community lounge

Router and IP Phone

My situation: I work virtually from a home office in Milwaukee.  I have ATT U-Verse service.  ATT supplied me with an Arris NVG589 and Cisco VEN401-AT.  I have not had any issues connecting with my personal laptop, tablet, or cell phone to the Wi-Fi in my house.  My company sent me a new Toshiba Voi

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Trying to set up Dlink DCL-932B1 Cameras

I am trying to set up 2 DLink DCL-932B1 Cameras on my network.  However, the DLink Set-up Wizard does not recognize the cameras.  I tried setting the cameras up both wired and wirelesess but to no avail.  Also, when I log into my Motorolla Modem NVG589, I can see both cameras.  Any suggestions are m

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Wi-Fi won't turn on my router nvg589c

can not turn on Wi Fi

Questions

Motorola NVG589 Port-forwarding and IP Passthrough

Hello all,I recently upgraded from UVerse to Gigapower and so far the network has been great! That being said, I host a NAS and a file/web server (serving ownCloud) at home. Prior to getting Gigapower, I had port-forwarding set up so that I could access the NAS and webserver from outside my network.

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Equipment

Problem with NVG589

My service was recently switched over to the NVG589 router. I have purchased a block of static IP's. On my previous router I was able to remote into a WIndows Server I have that has one of the purchased IPs. Now that I have the new router I cannot connect to my server from "outside" the house now. I

Questions

Can USB portbe used on NVG589 ?

Have newly installed NVG589 gateway and I wonder if the USB port can be used with a external disk or large capacity flash drive?

Questions

Slow Wi-Fi Speeds On Brand New U-Verse Install

Hello members! I just had my U-Verse TV and Internet service installed this past Saturday (11/22/14) and everything is great except my Wi-Fi speeds!! When im hardwired to the modem I can pull my rated 45Mbps speeds, but on Wi-Fi im only getting around 15Mbps!! Coming from TWC I had excellent interne

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Arris NVG589 Port 22 forwarding results in error

My U-Verse service uses an Arris NVG589 modem with firmware version 9.2.2h3d14.  I am trying to forward port 22 for secure shell (ssh) to a Unix machine and the modem is giving me the following error:   (22) port range conflicts with reserved port (22)    I am using the prede

Questions

Need Help Decifering NVG589 Log

I have ATT fiber coming into the house into the NVG589. The NVG589 WiFi will not reach throughout my house, so the WiFi is disabled on the NVG589.  I have an Orbi RBR850 router connected to the NVG589 which provides WiFi throughout the house and Ethernet connection for 3 PCs. Over the last

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Equipment

Wireless connection drops NVG589 Wired connection stays active

Hello folks, Thought I'd ask this question here before we call AT&T and spend a bit on the phone to get a new modem. Currently we have the Arris NVG589 modem w/ wireless capability. Yesterday we had a quick power flash that took out power for approximently a few seconds around the house. Ever since

Questions

BWG210-700 Firmware Current Version

Is there a page where we can find the current BWG210-700 Firmware version number?

Questions

Intermittent connection issues in NVG589 Logs

I have a NVG589 and I recently had my service installed (i.e. I'm a new customer) and I was going through the modem's logs because I've noticed sluggish connection issues. There are even times that I open my browser only to find that it can't find the page I'm looking for. My question is, can anyone

Questions

NVG589 port forwarding/IP passthrough don't work

I've had terrible service from UVerse so toay a tech showed up and replaced my gateway with a brand new NVG589. I run a linux box with a web-server on a fixed ip address 192.168.1.4 so I used the Firewall's NAT/Gaming section to add a route.  after struggling with that for a while, I abandoned the e

Questions

Returning AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender

(Order # 22-330641825378941) I've attempted multiple times by phone (7 Attempts) as well as via chat (5 Attempts) and even going to an actual AT&T Store location (3 Separate Locations Attempted) in person to be able to be helped with returning this device and am STILL CURRENTLY STUCK WITH A CL

Questions

Cannot connect Networked Hard Drive (WD My Cloud) viia NVG589 modem, need help

I have the NVG589 uverse gateway modem.  Trying to connect a Western Digital My Cloud Mirror networked hard drive but not having any luck.  If I log into the modem settings page the device does appear among the list of connected devices, but the WD setup software cannot find the device. Are the sett

Questions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.