Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (139)

Relevance
Minimum wired router specs?

I have the Uverse High Speed Internet Power plan. The gateway router is a Motorola NVG589. I have a Cisco/Linksys WRT54G2 V1 wireless router upstairs,

Questions

• AT&T Internet Equipment

DNS issues on NVG589

I'm having some DNS issues, not responding/responding ...Anyone has any ideas?The device was factory reset two days ago, so that shouldn't be an issue

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Port Forwarding on the NVG589

Hello all,  I have scoured the internet and this forum to find out how to make the port forwarding work on this particular router. I have configured i

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Range extender connection problem

My U-Verse setup has an NVG589 router.  My old range extender died.  I got a new one and tried to connect, but all of my efforts led to the wireless I

Questions

Slow Wi-Fi Speeds On Brand New U-Verse Install

Hello members! I just had my U-Verse TV and Internet service installed this past Saturday (11/22/14) and everything is great except my Wi-Fi speeds!!

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

NVG589 Broadband 1 flashing red for 3 weeks.

NVG589 Broadband 1 flashing red for 3 weeks. Before that, all lights were solid green and both lines showed as "up". I did a complete reset and power

Questions

NVG589 Setting Up MS Remote Desktop

I see and read a lot of posts about setting up my NVG589 router to use with MS Remote Desktop. I had used it flawlessly with my former Uverse router a

Questions

NVG589 port forwarding/IP passthrough don't work

I've had terrible service from UVerse so toay a tech showed up and replaced my gateway with a brand new NVG589. I run a linux box with a web-server on

Questions

NVG 589 3rd Party Router

To begin, I have the Uverse Max Plus Package or the 18mbps. I've been consistently, for the past year getting less than 10mbps WIRED or WLAN. My ping

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

can the mot nvg589 run on a single, rather than bonded pair connection?

Hello everyone, would like to share and ask for confirmation about my recent experience with tech support:   called tech support, regarding

Questions

How to setup guest network with UVERSE Router Motorola NVG589

Goal:   Have a guest wireless at home which is firewalled from access to my networked storage devices and other computers. Equipment:  I have the UVER

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Facebook, Amazon and CNN unusable. Content Delivery Network problem.

I just switched from Comcast to ATT Uverse yesterday (Thursday) and I'm having an issue with a few websites using Content Delivery Networks. Faceboo

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Use Juniper SRX instead of NVG589

Hey there, I am having U-Verse installed soon and I was wondering if I would be able to use my Juniper SRX240 in place of the NVG589. Has anyone done

Questions

NVG589 Port Forwarding

I have a apache web server running on port 80 using the latest version of wamp i can access it from all my local machines but i cant seem to figure ou

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

NVG589 private/public IP routing (broken NAT?)

I just was just given an Arris MVG589 router after a service call. I've paid for a public fixed IP block x.x.x.184/29, which gives me usable addresses

Questions

Motorola NVG589 Port Forwarding instructions

It worked when I tried the instructions described for NVG510!Use this link and follow the same instructions to setup your port forwarding for NVG589 h

Questions

Motorola NVG580, PortForwarding, PINHOLE CONFLICT XXX error

Community: I have a question about the Motorola NVG589 and am hoping you can either confirm the posts I am reviewing, or at least give me the correct

Questions

NVG589 Magicjack and HDMI

I have an NVG589 Modem and my magic Jack does not work with it either. I tried downloading the manual unsuccessfully. It comes thru as a list of numbe

Questions

• U-verse TV Equipment

How do I setup an external router AsusRT-AC68U behind Uverse and add Open DNS??

I have the Motorolla Uverse modem NVG589 box and I have seen several post on how to setup an external router.   I followed these instructions that wer

Questions

NVG589 is garbage, what can I replace it with?

Alright so I have had 2 technicians come out and look at it. The NVG589 resets every day at about 8pm along with a reset earlier in the day while I am

Questions

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.