Questions

• AT&T Fiber Installation

Closed

Unburied cable

What is the date to bury cable

Questions

ethernet issues

just recently got the new (BGW320 fiber 1,000) and only getting about 100/200mbps with cat5e & cat6 tried both cables connected to my iMac same thing with my windows work computer. Has anybody ever had this issue?  

Questions

Accepted Solution

Report Infrastructure issue, digital cable from ground exposed to hazards, not in protective conduit.

This was reported to Entergy of Louisiana who then reported it to AT&T infrastructure who then made repairs which made everything worse off than if they never did anything. The guide cable is not secure, the underground cable is not protected at ground level up the pole as code requires. The gua

Questions

Bury the internet cable

It’s been months since I’ve had my ATT Fiber installed and I still have a cable laying in my yard. Who do I need to contact to have someone bury the cable?

Questions

Rural internet service extension - new service

I am trying to get an answer on extending internet service to my property. Can it be done? What is my cost? I have previously had DSL and phone but high speed internet is terminated down the road about 800 feet. Who do I contact in my area?

Questions

Accepted Solution

Billing

I just signed up to ATT for a two week trial plan and they are already billing me for the fiber internet and the guy hasn;t even come to run the fiber line yet

Questions

Accepted Solution

AT&T is digging in my yard with no notice

AT&T contractors have recently dug a splice box in my yard for an upcoming fiber installation. I was not informed of this nor do I have an easement in my yard. I want to know who to contact regarding the work to be done.

Questions

Implementing WiFi Mesh with Custom DNS Settings

Hi, I have ATT Fiber in my home and the unit does not support custom DNS settings such as OpenDNS. I want to use custom DNS because I have kids in my home and I want to ensure they are not browsing inappropriate url's on their smartphones, and also potential malware sites. Additionally, I want to ad

Questions

Misleading and frustrating information

Recently moved to Orlando, Was told that technician will show up next day to install fiber optic service. He/she didn't. Called next day to seer what happened. Was told no technician was scheduled to see me. Talked to a supervisor who assured me that technician would show up between 9:00 am and noo

Questions

Fiber Internet

Does anyone know how to go about requesting AT&T to run internet further down a road. I live out in the country and the fiber cable stops about half a mile from my house and didn't know if there was a petition or something that would get them to run it down my road.

Questions

Complex wall fish installation

AT&T Fiber was recently installed on my street. I can now buy the 300/300mpbs service for the same price that I'm getting cable based 50/10mpbs service. I want the service, the problem is the installation. All my utilities are underground. There is a fiber street side drop box in my yard near

Questions

Installation of fiber nightmares

Called for an install of at&t fiber internet and a tech came out two days later to set everything up. During the process he discovered that the pipe to connect the line was filled with dirt and called for someone to come out to clear the pipe. Another guy comes and in ten minutes tells me it ca

Questions

Outage

Good morning, currently experiencing some Internet issues, there is some work being don’t out behind my house in the ally and yesterday the wifi went out and shortly after, maybe 30 minutes, the power went out. The Alarm light on the white AT&T box that’s on the is red and the broad

Questions

Media hard drive

I have a new fiber router is there a way to connect up an external drive to access from my network

Questions

Tech Questions Re Fiber Install

My husband would like to ask some specific technical questions before we order our fiber install. Is there a phone number or an email address he can use? Thank you.

Questions

Fiber installation

Hello, ATT Fiber was installed in my area last week. The installers cut my tree but part of my tree fell down. They were supposed to come back and clean up the branches but no one returned. I tried call both contact numbers but since I do not have an account the automated line disconnected me. 

Questions

New Construction - need map to know how far I need to dig a trench so you can bring cable/fiber

Hello, We are building our home from ground up and need to know what size conduit to bring out to the street so ATT can run a wire to my house. Also, I wanted to know where and how far do I need to trench out to the street so the wire/fiber can be run to my house...this will be underground...

Questions

My House is Difficult to Access from its Assigned Aerial Terminal

My house is on a typical grid pattern street layout with an ally in the back. According to the AT&T tech that came out the other day, my assigned aerial terminal is on a pole in this ally.  According to the tech, it would be a challenge to connect to my house with the large number of trees

Questions

Accepted Solution

Neighbors Fiber line improperly and unlawfully buried on my property outside the PUE

My neighbor's internet stopped working. The AT&T technician  for some reason could not find the original cable / connection at the j-box which is within a PUE on my property.  To fix the issue the technician took the easiest route and "buried" a new cable from the box entirely across

Questions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.