Have you received a suspicious text message? Learn more

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (194)

Most Recent
Alt Optic Network Modem Question

Got fiber installed today, tech said that a 320 modem would not work because I was on an "Alt Optic" network... he said the main backbone of the network was copper in my area. He said I needed a 210 with a standalone ONT that was made to receive the light from the Alt Optic network (the ONT actually

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Installation

Is it possible for a two-ONT fiber install in house?

I currently have ATT gigabit fiber from street pole with ONT and router in room closest to front yard. Although I've got 3 (ATT purchased) range extenders, the speed in back room is very bad and that's where my wife's office is. Is it possible to have another fiber run that goes to back of house

Questions

Technician never showed up, no account number to call IT

I live in an area where AT&T isn’t technically available to my neighborhood, but some of my neighbors have gotten internet through them anyway by calling the local store and scheduling a manual appointment through them. I called the store and did the same, and the technician was supposed to show

Questions

Trying to get service to my townhouse

I am wondering how I can get AT&T service extended to my house. According to the FCC, AT&T provides Fiber optics to house down the road but not on my street, how can I speed the process upon getting it to my house.

Questions

Sales people being sent to house with technician

We had to have a technician come to our house to help set up our internet. But two AT&T salesmen came along with the technician, and it made for a very uncomfortable visit. We have a complex internet set-up, and while I was trying to show the technician where everything was in the house (and

Questions

Netgear router wifi not working

The Netgear router won't connect to the internet or a Wifi deviceThe main reason people buy internet routers is to have strong and reliable internet access. The router also offers an additional advantage of being portable. So that we can maintain a good internet connection while on the go. Internet

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Are the ActiveArmor security features active with IP Passthrough?

I have ATT Fiber. My ATT Fiber Gateway is configured to use IP Pass-through. When I first connect to the "ATT Home Manager" app I see a green checkbox that tells me the system is "Online and secure". Under "App Preferences" the "Activate Security" setting is "on". I do not use the ATT WiFi (it

Questions

internet speed

my download speed is 16.00// upload is 16.45 wireless  my download speed is 57.88 // upload is 61.11 ethernet cable  What is wrong with my wireless speed. my cable system is fiber.

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

When will I be able to purchase AT&T Fiber?

ATT came through my neighborhood and installed fiber infront of all the houses, when will I be able to purchase it? They just finished my neighborhood the other day.

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATT Laid FIber Lines in Neighborhood and Destroyed my Property

Who do I contact? They dug up rock which now covers most of my yard and landscape. The foreman I spoke to when they are almost complete in my neighborhood said they would rake up the rocks, reseed, and cover with straw. oh they covered the rocks with straw.  They owe me a new yard! Half des

Questions

Fiber Install Delay

My fiber line and ATT router (BGW320) were installed last Saturday and the order was placed on the prior Thursday. I was initially told the activation would take 3-4 by the technician (in line with what's listed on the website). This was revised by tech support to 24-48 due to a delay caused by "a p

Questions

Advice for AT&T Fiber Install

Scheduled AT&T to come out to new house to install “internet 1000” fiber in a few weeks. Looking for guidance on how to insure the best install. Builder installed conduit running from exterior wall across basement to low voltage box. Should fiber run full length to low voltage box or just to

Questions

Internet Speed

I was advised that my ATT Fiber was increased to 500 Mbps. At my Gateway ATT SmartManager reports 664 Down & 640 Up. My iPhone reports 290 Down & 186 Up two feet from the Gateway. Question 1 - is the Uverse BWG 210-700 Gateway throttled to about 300Mbps? Question 2 - If I increased my AT

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Request Gateway Type

I have my Fiber 1000 installation set for Friday and was wondering if you can request the gateway type or is this just the luck of the draw with what the tech has on hand? Are they now mostly using the BGW-320 over the 210 for 1000 installations? When i called customer service about some other thing

Questions

New Subdivision_Port Neches_Texas

Hi, We are about finishing the infrastructure of a new subdivision in Port Neches, TX. We are ready for the Internet and cable infrastructure. Could you please provide me with the contact information of the engineering department to see if AT&T can do that? Name: ------- Company: ---- Sub

Questions

Running Fiber Lines

AT&T is in my neighborhood running fiber lines (they are marking them with posts). Does this mean that we are getting fiber or at least an upgrade in internet? I was wondering if there was a way to determine exactly what the work was going to do?

Questions

Net speed low

I,m facing low speed internet [EDITED per Community Guidelines] it takes too much time. is it due to low speed or website issue?

Questions

Port 25

Is A&T fiber still blocking port 25? If so, what level of service do I need to purchase to have the port opened. Thanks

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

How to tell if Neighborhood fiber is Buried or strung

Our electricity cables are being buried from pole to our new home. Our ATT install is Thurs.  How do we find out if they will also bury fiber in the same trench?

Questions

Accepted Solution

AT&T Fiber

It has been 10 plus years since the fiber cable was laid out. There is an AT&T post in my yard. However, I cannot get AT&T to provide any kind of service (other than Direct TV). It is so unfair, that not a quarter mile away, my neighbors can at least get DSL. I'm confused as to why they wou

Questions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.