Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jeep_man5's profile

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 21st, 2022 6:25 PM

XCover Pro and Dual Sim

Does anyone know if its possible to use the second sim slot on the XCover Pro in the USA?

I took it to an authorized retail store (probably need to go to a company store) and they were not much help.
I tried putting the sim from my second phone (S8 Active) and that didn't seem to do anything.

I see Nov 2021 that now Verizon and TMobile support eSim on the S21 with the latest update.

May need to switch carriers?

I refuse to use an iPhone.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 years ago

Is it this exact model number: Galaxy XCover Pro (G715U1)

I refuse to use an iPhone.

I'm right with you there, but AT&T by no means requires you to use an iPhone.

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Model# is SM-G715A for my XCover Pro

I want dual sim on an android (preferably Samsung) device in the USA so I can stop carrying two physical phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

2 years ago

AT&T lists the "G715A" as a supported phone on the AT&T-purchased list, dated 3 Feb 2022, but it's not showing up on the unlocked phone list which yields a tad of uncertainty as to whether or not your phone should activate or not.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 years ago

There are dual sim Androids.   Either esim and physical, or a dual physical sim. 

Confirmed on at&t dual sim articles :

Pixel phones 5 and newer can use esim and physical. 

Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G and Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G have esim and physical sim active. (pretty sure S22 Ultra will be dual) 

OnePlus phones up to 8t

Also a handful of dual sim unlocked as noted 

Unlocked phones that will work on AT&T now that 3-g is going away

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I purchased the SM-G715A from AT&T approximately 10 months ago. It is currently active on AT&T.....How do I activate a second sim?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 years ago

According to AT&T's own specification list the AT&T xcover pro is a dual standby physical Sim. Which means you have to physically switch back and forth between the SIM card in settings.

Adding a second sim should be as simple as installing it in the device, making sure that the metal contact points are facing out so that the phone can read the chip.

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/galaxy-xcover-pro-at-t/

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@jeep_man5 

you don't that phone only has one sim slot and no esim.  The other slot is a sd card slot.

If you want dual sim your need a s22+ or s22 ultra as they come dual sim out of the box.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

AT&T lists it as dual sim?  What the? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas 

All the videos I could find only show one sim slot and a sd card slot.  I don't care enough to go thru the FCC filings.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.9K Messages

2 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

I linked AT&T's own info above.   It claims dual sim.  But they've been wrong before

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.