What is happening with 3G?
SuperSaffer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Mar 29, 2016 9:13 PM

Will Galaxy S5 Active Get Marshmallow Update?

Hi all,

Will the Galaxy S5 Active get Marshmallow (Android 6)?  I know AT&T doesn't release schedules, and I am not looking for that.  I would just like to know if they are planning to update it. I still love this tough as nails phone, but I'm really jealous of my girlfriend's Nexus with Marshmallow on it 😛

Thank-you! Robot Happy

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @SuperSaffer !

Thanks for posting your question. I’m afraid at this time we do not have any information in regards to Marshmallow being available for the Galaxy S5 Active.
The newest upgrade is a performance enhancement for 5.1.1 which was released on March the 17th.

AT&T is working hard to make Marshmallow available for as many Android devices as possible.

We conduct more testing on OS updates before release than other carriers to ensure our customer’s continue to have a great experience with our network and services.

As a rule, we generally do not see information on device updates until the day of release and are unable to forecast availability of any OS update.

Rest assured when available, you will receive an over the air notification to your device for any available update.

Hope this helps,
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Hi JP,  I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.

I am very disappointed to hear that AT&T will not release details on a possible update.  As someone who relies on having a secure phone, this does not encourage me to buy a phone from AT&T again.  I love the SGalaxy Active series, but the Nexus series is now inherently more secure as it recieves updates literally months before Samsung is able to, and then further months before AT&T does it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Hi JP,  I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.

I am very disappointed to hear that AT&T will not release details on a possible update.  As someone who relies on having a secure phone, this does not encourage me to buy a phone from AT&T again.  I love the SGalaxy Active series, but the Nexus series is now inherently more secure as it recieves updates literally months before Samsung is able to, and then further months before AT&T does it.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.