Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 2:00 AM

Wifi calling won't turn off and kills cellular Internet use

Have an incredibly frustrating problem that I can now recreate each time. Note 10+, everythign is updated. If I'm on wifi with wifi calling turn on, if I leave the wifi area and try to turn off wifi calling it fails, just spins around and says may take a minute. On top of that if I turn wifi off, at that time the phone won't go back to getting cellular internet access for a long time. It seems to get stuck trying to use the wifi. If I remember to turn off wifi calling while I'm in range of the wifi network it will shut off, then turn wifi off, then when I leave it will switch to cellular for Internet access but obviously I don't remember this every time I walk in and out of wifi networks.

Spent a long time searching for someone that has the same problem and didn't see anythign so I'm posting. Probably no solution but if others have this issue please post.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

Why are you turning wifi calling and wifi on and off? It's not necessary.
If you must, why not just turn wifi off - 2 birds, one stone.
If your phone isn't connecting to cellular when you leave wifi, it may be defective.
Try troubleshooting :
https://troubleshoot.att.com/devicetroubleshoot/index.html#select-device/0

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 I travel for work frequently and turn off wifi, calling and bluetooth to save battery power. Most times even if I don't turn it off it still won't connect to cell Internet. I think it's hardware and am going to take it in to the store. At least to get the issue on the record during warranty period.