MJB0188
Rising Star
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!

Scholar

• 

191 Messages

Wednesday, November 18th, 2015 9:26 PM

WiFi Calling, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

Does anybody have any information on when AT&T plans on implementing WiFi calling for its Android phones, in particular, the Samsung Note 5?  I find it obsurd AT&T would only offer the service to iPhone customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

7 years ago

From what I understand, ATT app,ied to the FCC last year and got approval for the iPhone wifi calling, but not for other phones.

@GLIMMERMAN76 could fill in the full scoop....

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

7 years ago

Android is going to take longer as there are way to many oem's in the game.  ATT has broad aproval from the FCC for wifi calling on all there phones.

I would say q1 of 2016 is when some android devices will see wifi calling when marshmallow is pushed out for the newer samsung phones.

A phone has to have HDvoice to get wifi calling so bring your own phone people will not get wifi calling.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Why would verizon be able to pull off wifi cailing on the note 5 and not at&t? I'm sensing a bit of dogma for the iPhone and I'm really disappointed as Iphone is not usable for me, I live by my email and thingsee like deleting one by one is NOT an option come on at&t we don't all fit in that box anymore, you being an innovator should see and adept to that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Its 6/10/2016 and we still dont have WiFi calling on our androids. Been supporting ATT since the mid 90's. Starting to get discussed with the hold up. The prices we pay for our contracts you think they would want to keep us happy.

Att Please help me be happy. A happy customer will be free promotion to his/her friends and family.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well apparently AT&T isnt aware they don't have wifi calling on the note 5 because 2 techs just tried to help me find it and turn it on. hahaha

this really sucks. The only reason I got internet out here in the boonies is so I would not lose my phone service.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

7 years ago

Sounds just like AT&T techs.  AT&T has to be the Worst getting the New stuff working.  Buy a phone with it yet AT&T does not support it.   But they do not tell you this when you buy the new phone!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So the galaxy s6 active now has wifi calling but the note 5 does not?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Chart2006 wrote:
So the galaxy s6 active now has wifi calling but the note 5 does not?

yelp the 2 android phones with wifi calling are the s6 active and lg g4

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I know I was being sarcastic. It's absolutely ridiculous we don't have it yet. AT&T is the only major carrier who doesn't have it on the Note 5 or a majority of Android phones. It's quite pathetic.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Chart2006

ATT is always slow to roll out products.  Atleast they are making sure it works on phones with smaller user bases.  The g4 rollout was halted for a few weeks because of a bug with wifi calling or so they say.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.