The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, October 2nd, 2015 5:44 PM

Why does 'Enhanced 4G LTE services' drain my Galaxy S6's battery so fast?

I've noticed that as long as the 'Enhanced 4G LTE services' option is enabled on my Galaxy S6, the 'Cell Standby' process uses more of my battery than the screen, the operating system and all of my apps combined! I'm not even making phone calls, but it's sucking my battery dry while I'm just sitting here connected to my home wifi network.

When I disable this "feature", my battery life improves greatly, and my phone lasts all day. The same is true on my wife's phone. Also, there's no appreciable difference in my call quality or mobile data speed with it enabled.

Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, who thought this was a good idea? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

its for HD voice calling and requires a LTE signal.  If your not in an HDvoice market leave it off.  The other clevet of HD voice is the person your talking to needs it also.  I have had it turned off since Day 1 on my S6 along with the wifes.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

The other clevet of HD voice is the person your talking to needs it also.  I have had it turned off since Day 1 on my S6 along with the wifes.

I have to agree with this.  Not that many folks have phones that support HD Voice, at least for the time being.  So it makes sense to turn it off, if its causing a battery drain issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.