Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M
MingyuKim

• 

10 Messages

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 1:44 AM

When AT&T provide 5G services to my unlocked phone?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Model No. is SM-G781U1/DS

Eventhough this phone is 5G compatible phone, AT&T did not support this phone to connect 4G, 5G network.

When can I use these network? I am seriously considering moving to another carrier.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a month ago

@lizdance40 

The phone is not on the supported list.  They sell a dual sim model for canada which is what this one is.  The one sold in the USA is single sim only.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

Are you on a plan that supports 5G?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MingyuKim

• 

10 Messages

a month ago

@lizdance40 

Yes, I'm using $75 Unlimited prepaid plan.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

How long on that plan?  Prior to April 2020 that plan did not include 5G. You can check in your online information to see if it’s included. You may have to contact AT&T with your IMEI and possibly even replace your Sim card in order to get 5G service

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

MingyuKim

• 

10 Messages

a month ago

@lizdance40 

I take this plan from this Oct, So this plan may support 5G. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

@GLIMMERMAN76   good catch.  

Get started...

Ask a new question