For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
VinnyTats's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 7:43 AM

Want to switch carrier on promotional galaxy tab 3, can I?

Hello everyone, I got this tablet that they told me was going to be a 10" but I got a 7" and do not want it and am trying to get rid of it. A lot of the people ask me if this can be transferred to a different carrier and I have no clue. I will try and get ahold of CS tomorrow to ask them but I would like to see if anyone in here knows the answer. Happy Holidays. 

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

If it is SIM locked to AT&T YOU should request the unlock code, and either unlock the device or include the code when you sell it. Otherwise as long as the other carrier supports the GSM bands it uses, it should work on any carrier.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

Otherwise as long as the other carrier supports the GSM bands it uses, it should work on any carrier.

That is a pretty big "if".  Notwithstanding regional carriers, of the "Big 4" (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile) only two are GSM.  And more importantly, only AT&T and T-Mob use HSPA data; and all the carriers use a different of LTE bands (and in addition to that, different LTE bands in different regions).

To the question of "can the tablet be used on another carrier" I'd say "probably not' and only see to another AT&T customer to be on the safe side. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.