Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Aliahhhh's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 2:18 PM

Update phone

Hello i can't update my phone its galaxy s22 ultra 

I don't show update 

My phone is att locked and i tried unlocking it from att website it doesn't show that i can 

I have tried for months and no one helps me 

I also trued contacting Samsung they said only att can help me 

I don't live in usa i live in tbilisi, Georgia 

I can't go to the usa to att shop 

I need help 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

1 month ago

You will not be able to get an OTA update from AT&T for any phone unless you can connect to both Wi-Fi and an AT&T Network tower.  Those towers are in short supply where you are.

I've heard stories about S22 Ultras post update which may mean that not being updated to the latest version is a blessing in disguise.

If your phone is locked to AT&T, then the way to unlock it is the https://att.com/unlock portal.  (You may need to utilize a VPN that terminates in the United States for that portal to work for you.) That portal lists the requirements for unlock.  If your phone doesn't meet those requirements, AT&T will not unlock it.  If, for instance, you bought the phone who has fulfilled the locking requirements, you should be able to unlock it using the non-customer options.  If, on the other hand, the person who you bought the phone from (or the person they bought it from) had an installment plan where they would pay AT&T for the phone over a period of 36 months and has not completed those payments, then AT&T is not going to unlock your phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.