Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, May 27, 2019 10:45 PM

Unlocking my ATT phone with no phone number.

So I'm trying to unlock my ATT phone (Samsung galaxy s6 edge), but I don't have a phone number for it and trying to activate it with a different SIM card. Is there a way to unlock it without the phone number?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

10 months ago

@AbcffcbA Sure: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/

Just make sure to choose the "not an ATT customer at this point", if that's true, and watch for the confirmation email.

Responding to the instructions in the confirmation email is critical, otherwise your request will be "stalled", and eventually "time out" (in a few days), requiring re-submittal.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

thank you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, i am

not an AT&T customer. I tried to unlock the device and it gave an error "we're sorry we cannot confirm your info right now, please try again later". The it said i tried too many times and i have to wait 24 hours

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

I paid off my two devices and suppse to receive the special unlock code by email, but I never received it.

device still locked.

i guess I just report fraud to my credit card and buy unlocked devices straight from Apple, which are much cheaper than from ATT installment plan or T-Mobiles.

they all play with us 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

8 months ago

I paid off my two devices and suppse to receive the special unlock code by email, but I never received it. There is no code for iPhones. Did you put in an unlock request? It can take up to 2 weeks after paying off a device for the unlock portal to get updated from the billing system.

device still locked.

i guess I just report fraud to my credit card and buy unlocked devices straight from Apple, which are much cheaper than from ATT installment plan or T-Mobiles. Apple charges the same full retail price as any other retailer. Phones are not cheaper buying directly from Apple.

they all play with us 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

A. I did request unlock and did request pay off before, but no response. 

B. I phone XR -64 gb is $460 at apple, and pay off plan of att show $750.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

8 months ago

@Schulzi 

Price is as low as $459 with trade in. (if your phone has enough value.) Otherwise it is $749.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

8 months ago

@Schulzi wrote:

A. I did request unlock and did request pay off before, but no response. 

B. I phone XR -64 gb is $460 at apple, and pay off plan of att show $750.

So you haven’t actually paid them off yet? That would explain why you can’t unlock. Not sure what you mean by “request pay off” but you pay off an installment plan by logging into your account and paying it off online. If you have already ported your numbers, you then just have to wait for your final bill to be settled before you can unlock.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I have an old iPhone that was used on the att network. It’s been paid for and now it cannot be unlocked. Can someone help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

how do i unlock an i phone

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

I recently bought a Motorola phone that is locked to the ATT network but fully paid off.  I put in a request to get it unlocked and after 2 days I got an email that says, "We're doing a bit more research on your eligibility".  I am not sure what additional research is required since the phone I got is a fully paid phone locked on the ATT network and that I would like to get unlocked.  Can someone help me understand how I can get it unlocked?

Thanks!

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

6 months ago

@kryptolyfe Did you follow my EXACT instructions, above?  

Responding to that "first confirmation email" is a critical step, if you miss that email (which can end up in your "Junk" folder"), and don't respond, the system times-out, and you have to re-submit (watching carefully for the 1st email, this time).

IME, this first email arrives within a minute or two of submitting the request.  I have seen it take slightly longer, say when AT&T is having "an issue" with their unlock servers, or other verification components that runs the unlock system, but this is rare, IME.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

@pgrey 

Yes, I did click on the link they sent me.

I initially applied for an unlock code in December 2018.  I got the email, clicked the link and then 2 days later I got an email saying they cannot unlock it and that i had to have service active for 60 days.

I activated service in April 2019 (yet active) and then again applied for an unlock code 4 days ago.  i got an email but no link in the email to click on this time round.  I have checked all my spam folders as well for any such email and have not received any.

I then received an email last night that says they need to do more investigation. 

Anything I need to do next to get it unlocked?

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.4K Messages

6 months ago

Hmm, @kryptolyfe , yeah, it seems to me like you've got it right, in terms of the requirements, but that "60 days deal" has some caveats to it.

Have you tried just "re-submitting", to see what happens?  While I wouldn't suggest doing it 5 times/day or something, I'd say it'd be worth it now, to "go another round", and see if you get the confirmation email.

If you don't get that first email, I'm pretty sure it won't process, without getting an AT&T CSR involved.

If it were me, I'd re-submit, wait a few hours, and if you haven't gotten the initial email by then, contact CS (call or chat options available, depending on the time-of-day).

It could be there's a "database problem" here; I don't exactly have a ton of confidence in their unlock DB, plus, it's a pretty big hairball (this is a term we actually use in s/w and h/w dev sometimes, although perhaps not at ATT, I've never worked there;-]), given the VAST number of OEM's/models/sub-models/sub-variants, the whole bit, so I (sort of) cut them a little bit (a tiny bit) of slack here (hence the suggestion to call/chat).

Let us know, or if you have some new info, like an "odd email" or something, or error code, I'd be happy to try and chase it down.

@sandblaster or @lizdance40 , anything I'm not seeing here?  I'm not as sharp, on the ins/outs of the 60-days deal.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.9K Messages

6 months ago

@kryptolyfe    There seems to  be a problem with a few Motorola phones.  Lenova is the worst thing to happen to a great brand.  AT&T can only provide you with codes if Lenova gave them to At&t.    

If your model was released in the past 2 years, file an FCC complaint. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…