Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
meagandaniel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 11th, 2015 6:30 PM

unlock

My daughter somehow locked my husband's phone and we are unable to get it unlocked. What can we do. He can answer calls but can't do anything else.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

9 years ago

Which phone?

Mentor

• 

83 Messages

9 years ago

Treat it the same as if you forgot your unlock code, which calls for a factory reset and lose of all stored data on the phone. Hope you backup often or automatically.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @meagandaniel

I’d be happy to help with your locked device! In order to unlock a Samsung device, as pzjagd has stated, it will often require a full reset of the phone. If you see a “Forgot Passcode/Pattern” link, you may be able to simply login to your Gmail to regain access.

There is one way which is very helpful for all Android devices, however. If you go to Android Device Manager and sign in to the same Gmail account that is set up on the device, you can choose the LOCK option. It will ask you for a lock code. This will replace the current lock on the device. Once you have replaced the lock, you can of course just unlock using the code you just added.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.