Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

3 Messages

Wed, May 27, 2020 9:36 PM

unlock phone

Not sure if someone can help me. If I unlock my phone do I lose all contacts, pics, etc. My reason for asking is I cannot access my phone because it won't recognize my password. Every says try Dr. Fone. if that does not work I have to do a factory reset. Can someone give information if my Samsung Note 4 can be unlocked and not lose data?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

a month ago

Unlocking your phone does nothing to your data.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

AT&T and Samsung told me if I hadn't saved my info to an app (not sure of the name) that I would have to do a factory reset and lose my contacts, pics, etc.

How would I unlock it if says my phone needs to unlocked using my backup password. . You can use your fingerprints next time you unlock your device.

I would appreciate your help...I don't want to do a factory reset!!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

Sorry, I thought you were talking about unlocking to use on another carrier. If you need to factory reset and you do not have the data backed up, you will lose it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Well at least I can try to retrieve information saved on the sim card. If I did set up a backup I did it when I set up my phone 4 years ago :-(

Get started...

Ask a new question