Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
KylaJo's profile
KylaJo
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Apr 22, 2017 6:57 PM

Unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy S8

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S8 through Samsung itself and it says it is locked to AT&T network. I called AT&T and they told me to go to the unlock website and it tells me:
"The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06# ".
I was told to post this problem here and request an unlock code.
Thank you for your time.
Yuneshik

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5年前

Yes, so does that mean they're lying on purpose? Or do most of their technical support just had no clue how things run in there? Possibly latter since one guy argued with me that there's no way I didn't get a phone number with the phone when I bought it full retail at Best Buy when it's actually a pretty common thing. A lady told me to call a different carrier because it isn't an AT&T phone. Told me I should take it back to Best Buy to unlock it. 

Well that's good to know though. That means it's possible after all. Could've had their support at least tell us we couldn't unlock it until 14 days, rather than to tell me it's the wrong carrier model lol.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5年前

@Yuneshik wrote:

Yes, so does that mean they're lying on purpose? Or do most of their technical support just had no clue how things run in there? Possibly latter since one guy argued with me that there's no way I didn't get a phone number with the phone when I bought it full retail at Best Buy when it's actually a pretty common thing. A lady told me to call a different carrier because it isn't an AT&T phone. Told me I should take it back to Best Buy to unlock it. 

Well that's good to know though. That means it's possible after all. Could've had their support at least tell us we couldn't unlock it until 14 days, rather than to tell me it's the wrong carrier model lol.

it happens with every new phone launch...  kinda stupid if you ask me on ATT's part.  Tmobile is straight up 60days period.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5年前

Can u tell me which is the third party used to unlock s8

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Just use something like unlock4less.com

They seem to work for others who unlocked phones their, I read a lot of forums and reddit and it seems reliable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

According to customer support, one has to keep the SIM in same phone and a/c in good standing for at least 30 days if its a new a/c or at least wait 2 - 3 weeks for their system to recognize it as an eligible a/c for unlocking Galaxy S8. The date on which the phone number is "activated" or "SIM inserted" for network to register the phone + IMEI combo -- that is the date from when the 14 or 30 days window starts. AT&T phones connect faster on LTE network and HD voice works better whereas unlocked international phones do not get same LTE speeds all the time and HD voice feature is not available due to firmware differences.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5年前

fo those who cant get the unlock from att directly can order it from a third party service like

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5年前

Looks like they removed the link to the third party website that worked for me. Anyway, they are called Unlock Radar and I did a lot of research before choosing them. But it worth it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5年前

Yuneshik who was your 3rd party unlocker?

I'm trying to do the same for my S8+
Help me!!

LisaV42

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5年前

One key reason to UNLOCK the phone is to take it overseas and purchase a sim card there to be used.  For instance, while in Cuba you must purchase a SIM card there and place into an UNLOCKED phone.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

What's the code I really need to get in touch with my kids and family please help me thamk you and god bless
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5年前

Each phone has its own unlock code. Have you tried to get your code from att?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

What website did you get your unlock code from
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

5年前

@Fammfields wrote:
What website did you get your unlock code from

cant be posted on here...  Google it.....  There are many 3rd party sites.

Stagnasty

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

5年前

As mentioned by others unable to post links but yes it is easily found by Google Be sure to Check-out the reviews Some place other than their own websites I have unlocked a couple of S8 And S7 and the online site I used worked well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

I need the code to unlock my Galaxy S8 and use for a different carrier
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.