The Samsung Galaxy S24
Believe59's profile

2 Messages

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 3:16 AM

Uninstall AT&T from my phone

I've changed carriers and unlocked my phone. I was given a code to unlock it. It never gives you a chance  to put in the code. I've disabled all the AT&T software it's still on the phone along with AT&T startup and shut down logo. I want it gone. I've tried 3 Sim cards with my new carrier with no luck. How do I get rid of all the AT&T bloat ware? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 months ago

What phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

2 months ago

Unlocking phone means you can use the phone with another carrier. It does not remove AT&T's software.

So you cannot hide the fact it was an AT&T phone originally.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 months ago

If you've changed carriers and it works without entering the unlock code, your new service provider is probably an MVNO of AT&T which means it doesn't need the unlock code and because you're still technically using AT&T the AT&T bloatware doesn't go anywhere.

If you switched to Verizon or T-Mobile, it's likely your phone would convert and then it would show Verizon or T-Mobile boot screen and bloatware. That's how Samsung's new phones work since the S8 series

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks yeah I figured that out. I got it on Amazon the seller is going to send me a new one. Glad I got a new carrier they are cheaper with unlimited everything 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.