Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 2:24 PM

Unable to Update to to Android 10 (Note 9)

I think it was yesterday AT&T finally pushed a stable update for Android 10 and when I try to run a software update it says software already up to date. What doesn't make sense is my dad was able to update to Android 10 whereas I'm still on Android 9. I've tried clearing data for Google Framework and restarting, changing my time/date, and just restarting my phone in recovery mode clearing the partition cache. None of these solutions seem to resolve my issue and I wasnt able to update. If anyone has any idea why I'm unable to update please let me know.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 months ago

Put your dads sim in the phone and change the date and check again. That will rule out your sim card or IMEI problem. If it does update you have a problem with one of those.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
pjniez

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 For the record, I have an iPad on AT&T service and I tried taking the SIM card out of the iPad and checking for updates - twice and it didn't work for me.

• 

6 Messages

Thank you so much that worked for me. I had to go through all the security patches first Android 9 through to get to 10.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@pjniez Last I check that is not a android phone. Apple products have different account codes. And the system knows its a tablet plan.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
pjniez

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 Yes, I know. I only tried it because someone posted on the Android Central S10 forum that he took the SIM card from his wife's iPad and it into his S10 and was able to download updates. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even thought to try taking the SIM card out of my iPad and putting it into my phone. But I figured it was worth a try since someone had success...

I went to one of our local AT&T stores this week and got a new SIM card for my phone. I checked for updates after waiting 30 hours since I last checked for updates and it is still telling me I'm on the current version.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@pjniez you have a account level error is the problem.

pjniez

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76 Yep! That's my thinking too ever since I got the new phone at the end of October and discovered it too was not getting updates. Just trying to get AT&T to recognize that and do something about it! I have been given the run around and a lot of misinformation on this issue so far.

BTW, I followed up with them again today. I talked to a supervisor this time and she said she is going to stay on top of the urgent case that was created and somebody is supposed to get in touch with me in 24 - 72 business hours. So, we'll see...

pjniez

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

Welcome to the club! If you go through some of these pages, there are several other people reporting the same issue (me included!). Some people have had this issue of not being able to update their phones even though they have changed phones (me included!).

Please call AT&T and have them create an urgent ticket to have this looked into. But don't get your hopes up as I have done this on Monday and still have not heard anything back.

• 

6 Messages

Have you tried factory resetting cause that's my next move
pjniez

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

No. I have not. But others have and it did not fix the issue. I would do it in a heartbeat if I thought it would help. And it is too much of a PIA to reset up the phone after a factory reset since we have no way of doing a total back up. But it might be worth a try when I have some time to dedicate to resetting up the phone.

BTW, my first S10+ with this issue was pre-ordered and the S10+ I have now was new at the end of October 2019. Both phones had the same issue. So, I really doubt a factory reset would fix this issue.

• 

6 Messages

I have a Note 9
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…