Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
K

• 

7 Messages

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 8:46 PM

Transferring Existing AT&T number to New Phone

I bought a new Galaxy phone (unlocked).  I want to transfer my existing AT&T number from my old Samsung device to the new phone.  New phone (Galaxy S10+) has a dual hybrid sim card.  Old phone (Galaxy S6) has a nano sim card.  Can I do this myself?  How do I do it?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

Move your sim card.  (Yes, that simple)

However, AT&T does not support  Samsung dual Sim S10+.    Please check the model number against the list below, and make arrangements to return the phone and purchase one that is on the list

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

If you have a dual sim S10, it cannot be on the list.  Model number would end in DS, not U or U1.  
There was no dual sim sold for the US market.
If it is an international model, and does not have a US Warranty, it will stop working once 3G in your area is turned off. Please check again. If you purchased from Amazon or from some other Internet dealer there’s a good chance you have purchased a phone that will cease to work at any moment.if it is an international model, and does not have a US warranty, it will stop working once 3G in your area is turned off. Please check again. If you purchased from Amazon or from some other Internet dealer there is a good chance you have purchased a phone that will cease to work at any moment.  
Run the IMEI on swappa

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

“But is sim card from S6 (nano sim, not dual hybrid sim) compatible with new phone?

Kathy (edited as per community guidelines)”

Your lack of understanding concerns.  The international dual sim version takes both a nano sim and a micro sim.  
It also has a memory card slot.

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

Thank you.  Model # is on your list.  But is sim card from S6 (nano sim, not dual hybrid sim) compatible with new phone?

Kathy (edited as per community guidelines)

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

New phone is Samsung Galaxy S10 plus 128GB, SM-G975UZIAXAA.  Not described as international version.  Old phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.  Both phones have Nano SIM (4FF).  Sorry for the confusion.  I have been looking at a lots of phones.  My mistake.  Thank you for your help.  Your advice has been so helpful.  I don't know anything about smart phones.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

@kantunovich  international versions will cease to work at any time. I don’t know where you purchased it but return it before your return date closes.   
    Do not purchase international versions of any phone. The phone needs to come with the US warranty in order to work on AT&T or Other US carrier.   
     The days of being able to purchase an international model and have it work in the United States are at least temporarily, no longer.    It used to be you could just shop for the LTE bands, now you need to have a voice over LTE certified phone to work on US carriers.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

Phone has a 1 year US warranty.  Is this not to be believed??

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

Purchased from www.factoryoutlet.com.

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

Sorry, purchased from sam.factoryoutlet.com

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

There is no At&t/US compatible dual sim samsung galaxy S10+.   So either its not dual sim, Or something very off there.  

How do you know its dual sim?  Where does it say its dual sim?  

The 1 year warranty may not be honored in the US.  That might mean expensive shipping to korea.   Hopefully not as samsung has US service centers - if they cover it.  
    And if you paid $1,000 you got ripped off.   The phone is $800 at best buy, and BB only sells the US version.  

• 

7 Messages

a month ago

Hi,

In previous post from last night, I stated that I made a "mistake".....   I stated that "both phones had nano SIM (4FF)", not dual SIM.  I also wrote, "Sorry for the confusion".  Please reread my previous post.  Again, I apologize.  My mistake.  I have been looking a lot of phone specs lately and did not describe SIM in Galaxy 10 plus correctly.  I don't know that much about phones, so it was easy for me to make an error.  And I paid $799.99 for the Galaxy S10 plus.  Factory Outlet has sent me a refund confirmation email.  I have purchased accessories from them before and have not had a problem with refunds in the past.  Thank you again for your help with my issue.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

Okay, what a relief.    A US model should work.  Just move the sim.  If you dont see VoLTE in the notification bar, you may have a problem.  

Get started...

Ask a new question