sams63's profile
sams63
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

36 Messages

Fri, Jun 3, 2022 10:21 PM

Transfer messaging/ pics from phone to phone ?

Thanks again everyone for tech info. True, I phone 6, newer are 4G. The issue was the SIM card compatibility pre “7”.

My replacement phone is a Samsung A12(NO thanks to ATT !) I understand that my contacts, photo “album” can transfer from I phone to Samsung. Otto gave me a”backup” plan. But, how are those family messages w/ pics transferred from different phones ? With wrong SIM card, how are they transferred ? Too sentimental here.

Also, my mentors, is Samsung A12 their version of a “smart phone”? Difference between Samsung’s A models, S models ? Different technology, or just fancier features for S models ? 

Also need ATT corporate contact info. Have a worse problem than the I phone deactivation, need main office. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

sank23

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Il y a 5 d

In addition to transferring files through backup files, you can also do it with third-party phone to phone data transfer tools, which makes it much easier.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

Il y a 21 d

The 'A' models are the mid-range line. Less bells and whistles

When you start up the phone, it asks you if you want to transfer data.  Follow direction for iphone

Phone number is the same, there are no other numbers. 611. 

(edited)

sams63

• 

36 Messages

Il y a 19 d

Thanks so much. So I don’t lose my messaging, photos, I need to do this before I transfer my I phone number over. to A12. See no problem transferring “contacts”, photo album, but worried about transferring my many family messages. Can I do this before I “activate” the A12 ? Also, with ATT deactivating the I phone w/ incompatible SIM, can I still pull my “messaging” from the I phone to transfer to the A12 ?

”Midrange” A12 will be just fine. Came out in May ‘21 according to Samsung.... new enough for me. Need reliability, not fancy features that I probably couldn’t understand anyway. 

While I’m pestering you, any recommendations on insurance coverage for my A12 ? Has to have theft/ loss coverage, if available. Had very negative experiences w/ Asurion in exchanging my I phones before. That’s why I dropped coverage. False info on deductible, 2 weeks for replacement, plus I was sent reconditioned phones two different times. Separate claims spaced apart. Had 5 I phones w/ various problems before my recent 6 was deactivated. (Edited per community guidelines), it was my most reliable I phone ! Only had to replace battery last Fall.

Thanks again ! Wish I would have known about this customer forum before. Y’all are REAL “customer service”.

(edited)

sams63

• 

36 Messages

Il y a 1 j

Thanks for response. Tried both Smart Switch(Samsung) & ATT “phone to phone”. Problem is that my “new” Samsung Android has less than half the storage of my 5 yr old I phone. A12 only 27 Gb available, while A13 has “64 Gb”.... same as my I phone. Even though bothare $179 retail, ATT won’t switch phones !

Simple solution to solve a customer problem..... at same phone cost.

”nope.....”

ATTerrible !

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.