Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jigish786's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2017 3:25 PM

Software update

Hi can some one tell me how to upgrade software for usa phones currently based in india ... my contact no is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Jigish786 wrote:

Hi can some one tell me how to upgrade software for usa phones currently based in india ... my contact no is [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

@Jigish786

you cant..  ATT only updates phones connected to the ATT network on active lines.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

For Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

I hope this is a joke...

I bought an unlocked Galaxy S7 active in USA without any AT&T plan. But nobody at the AT&T shop told me that I never will able to update my device!!!!

Is there really any way to update a 800$ device outside AT&T network, seriously?

Thank you for your help

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@olivier.ov wrote:

Hi,

I hope this is a joke...

I bought an unlocked Galaxy S7 active in USA without any AT&T plan. But nobody at the AT&T shop told me that I never will able to update my device!!!!

Is there really any way to update a 800$ device outside AT&T network, seriously?

Thank you for your help

@olivier.ov

you bought a carrier branded phone what do you expect.  There is no nougat for the s7 active right now anyway.  If you google it you can find a leak of beta software ATT is testing but be forwarned it will wipe your device if you install it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you GLIMMERMAN76

I was expecting that if a carrier allows to unlock its devices, it also allows to update any of its device, even the unlocked ones. Sorry, but I was not talking about Nougat, but just security updates [even if I  will be happy to update to N when it will be available 😉 ].

My previous smartphone was an unlocked branded Korean Galaxy S5 LTE-A from KT (SM-G906K) and I always been able to update it in my country...

So, I'm surprised (and not informed) that AT&T blocks updates...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.