Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 7:07 PM

Software update issues

Any s10+ owners still waiting for the android 10 update? I know it's been out publically for some time

Responses

pjniez

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

2 months ago

Yes! My S10+ is still on Android 9 and the August 2019 security patch level. Just search this forum and you'll find more people having this issue too.

FYI... I started a new post on this issue yesterday:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/another-galaxy-s10-on-att-not-getting-ota-updates/5e4201f44d24af139131ca5e

Here's another thread on this topic:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/still-no-software-update/5e3c724cc17a061508f48af0

We all should be calling AT&T tech support and demand that this issue be fixed! I have called them and asked for this issue to be escalated.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@pjniez

Oh Assurion... You had the phone replaced and that very well could be a problem. Make sure the ATT store you go to is a ATT owned company store and have them go thru your account. Knowing Assurion they gave them the wrong IMEI or it never even got updated.

I switch phones weekly sometimes daily and have never in the last 5 years of doing what I do have had a phone not update. If I switch between a android phone and a iPhone it does cause problems.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Update on situation:

I ended up flashing android 10 to my s10 plus. At&t couldn't help me. Samsung couldn't help me. The phones original carrier Verizon couldn't help me, so I felt it was needed. Currently on One UI 2.0 Febuary 1st security patch. Absoulty love it. I was optimistic about flashing as I had no experience but it was rather simple. Just watch a tutorial from the YT Channel "Hardreset.info" for easy guides and there's other channels as well.

(edited)

pjniez

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

@Jeremywaltwork I'm glad you finally got your S10+ upgraded to Android 10. I am curious if you will start to get OTA updates or will you will still have to flash future updates manually.

Can you post the link to the video that showed you how to do this?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@pjniez

Links are not allowed on here is the problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

That's what I'm wondering as well about the OTA updates from here on out. And also just go to "hardreset.info.com" for tutorials for your specific device.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…