The Samsung Galaxy S24
USAVet's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 4th, 2015 3:53 PM

Software Update Issues

ATT recent Software Update on May 1, 2015 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Ver: 5.0.1.

WE HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES:

1: My Phone worked great before the Forced ATT Software Update

2: Problems Now After this Update and I'm Not to Happy Now!

3: All my Saved WiFi Hotspots will Not Connect

4: My Google Chrome Homepage was changed to ATT Website and wont revert back!

5: My 4G LTE Connection is Gone, I have No Signal in a Major City like Indianapolis

6: Over half my Apps refuse to Open (I have Contacted each App Support)

7: The Color Schemes from Update is Junk, Don't Like Them!

I NEED a FIX or Allow me to Go Back to my Original Software Version where everything worked great with no Issues. I have been with ATT for almost 13 Years, this is my First Android Device. ATT Please Fix!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This problem is on all my Lines in my Family Share Account, all my phones are Samsung Galaxy S4 and this Forced ATT Software Update issued on May 1st 2015 has really screwed up our phones, services and apps. We all need a FIX!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I Talk to ATT Technical Support, They Requested I do a Full Backup and Reset of my Samsung Galaxy S4 Device. They said my Issues and Problems may have started with a Glitch in the Update. Going to do it and see if it Fixes the Problems, if Not I will let everyone know!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

One more thing, ATT Technical Support said the Update was released January 2015 and it took 5 Months to get to my Device. The Software update was not Released by ATT, it was a Worldwide Software Update Released by Google Android and it was for all Android Devices.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

one the update was pushed staring april 7th 2015

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820

have you tried to clear your system cache?  Here is how.

If you have problems with your S4 and that the smartphone isn't working properly, a good solution to this is to wipe the system cache of the phone. You don't even need to do a hard reset. In fact, doing a system cache will NOT delete any of your personal info, but only the background and application cache. Cache is stored data on the phone which allows apps to load quicker, it's like the data is on standby until you need it again. Wiping it simply means that the app will have to reload the data.

Here's how it's done:

Turn off phone
Remove the battery and reinsert.
Hold down the Home and Volume Up keys
Press and hold the Power button while still holding the other keys.
As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all keys/buttons.
Press on the Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition.
Press the Power button to select it.
Press the Volume down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power Button to select it.
Wait for a few minutes for the phone to clear the data.
Then press the Power button to select reboot system now.
Wait for your phone to reboot.

There you go! Your system cache should be wipe and leave you with a much more fluid smartphone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@USAVet wrote:

One more thing, ATT Technical Support said the Update was released January 2015 and it took 5 Months to get to my Device. The Software update was not Released by ATT, it was a Worldwide Software Update Released by Google Android and it was for all Android Devices.

And whomever told you that it was for all android devices is dead wrong.  Each OEM aka Samsung builds there own software builds and then those are released to ATT to push to users.

Google gave all the oems Lollipop in November of 2014.  Nexus devices only use google builds for there system.  All other builds are made by the oem.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

for your chrome homepage do this

open chrome

hit menu aka three dots

settings

homepage

uncheck default

put your homepage selection in.

should work again.

And as to the color schemes get used to them as apple and android are going with lots of whites and color.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.