For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Software Update Installation Interrupted on Select Samsung Android 5.0 Devices
AT&T has received reports of some customers experiencing software update installation interruptions/failures when attempting to upgrade to Android 5.1 on select Samsung devices. The device is still usable but the latest software update cannot be installed.
The following devices are affected:
- Galaxy Note 4 (N910A)
- Galaxy S 5 (G900A)
- Galaxy S6 active (SM-G890A)
- Galaxy S 5 Mini (SM-G800A)
The issue may be related to available storage memory on the device. If clearing space does not resolve the issue, the device can be updated to the latest version of software at an AT&T DSC or Best Buy Samsung location.
To resolve the issue:
- Clear Cached Data
- Tap Settings > Storage > Cached data > Clear Cached data
- Try downloading the software update again
- Create at least 4 to 7 GB of free storage space
- Tap Settings > System Tab > Storage > Available Space to check current storage usage
- Delete Unnecessary files (such as Pictures/Video/Music Files) or take advantage of the AT&T Locker to upload your photos and videos to the cloud.
- Note: For information on backing up your device, visit com/devicehowto and look for “Backup & Restore” in the topic list
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService