Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
criss1027's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 8, 2014 11:06 PM

samsung s5 update failure

Att technical support solve this problem ASAP! Software update of my Samsung s5 still not working.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Samsung

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

7 y ago

Hey @criss1027

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your software update.  When you are attempting to perform this update, is your battery powered to at least 80%? Also, are you in an area with strong WiFi signal and good coverage? 

If you are still unable to perform this update after confirming the information above, please attempt to update your phone using Kies. 

Let us know if these suggestions help. 

Thanks! ^Kay

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @criss1027 

Please provide more details about your issue. What error message are you getting? Do you have an active AT&T account and is it post-paid or pre-paid? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I, too, spent 2+ hours on the phone with AT&T support with no fix. They told the problem was unique and they had no other tickets on the update failure. That is when I lost all hope. They also told me to go to Best Buy, this is an AT&T problem not a Samsung issue. As soon as my contract is finished I am leaving AT&T the very next day.

Why can't AT&T put the update out and use Kies? AT&T does not care about me and my phone then why should I care about them? This is so typical of customer support in America, time for peaceful protest?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

i am having the same problem and so is my husband on his phone we are at home phones plugged in and wifi connected and we get the update of 609.** mbs downloaded it goes to install then asked to reboot the phone and then in the upper left corner in small blue letters says something about recovery boot then says install failed we have been trying to update so many time i lost count

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.