Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mcsey2k1's profile

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 9:51 PM

Samsung S22 Ultra not registered on a network - Started 1/6/24

Please help ATT; I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Unlocked brought directly from Samsung. I suddenly could no longer make or receive calls or SMS messages on the 6th. I get the message when trying to make calls: "Your phone's not registered on a network, so you can only make emergency calls."This issue started January 6th; the last software upgrade was Nov 25th, and there were no issues after that upgrade until Dec 6th. No software upgrades were available around the 6th.

I called ATT, and they had to do some troubleshooting: reset network settings, had me reseat out my sim, send me a reset, and many other things, but to no avail.

Next, I went to my local ATT store, and they swapped my sim and tried some troubleshooting stuff, but still, to no avail. I called ATT Customer Service back, and they opened a troubleshooting report with high-level engineering. As I type this message (1/16), I never heard back from anyone from ATT. As a last resort, they had me enable wifi-calling, which worked. I am now able to receive and make calls and text messages, only if I am on wifi... well, that (Edited per community guidelines). Luckily, I have wifi in my car and, in general, where I am usually located. 

Lastly, I thought something was wrong with my phone, so Samsung sent me a new replacement phone. I was sure this was going to work. I got my replacement phone yesterday, 1/15, and I am sad to report it was a big letdown; I am still unable to make and receive phone calls unless I enable Wi-Fi calling. My phone has the latest update on UI6, Android 14 with the latest patch as of today.

ATT, please help!

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

5 months ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.