Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
M

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 12:03 AM

Samsung Phones not updating at all.

So I've been having this issue with all of the phone in my family. We all own Samsung devices in my household yet not a single phone has gotten an update since getting the device. Its been a little more than a year now and I am still stuck on Android 9 with security patches from September, 2019. My family has a total of 3 galaxy S10 with one of the S10 being a plus model and we also have a Galaxy Fold. All 4 devices have not gotten any security or major updates in the time we've owned the phones. I called Samsung and AT&T but they keep pushing me to each other essentially playing the blame game. I got a new sim card and even swapped the sim cards around in my household to see if it would trigger the update, nothing. Even before my Galaxy S10, I've had this issue on my Galaxy S8 with it not receiving any security patches for over a year when using that phone and my LG V35 Thinq with that phone not receiving any major or security updates. The last time I want to do is attempt a replacement device or flash the update manually since I would have to go through signing in and transferring my data back and fourth. Anyone got an idea of how to fix this issue?

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, no.

Apparently it's a known issue among a small, but significant number of Samsung owners. And AT&T can't seem to figure it out. Or simply won't admit there's a problem.

One option is finding the nearest uBreakiFix store where they can update the phone for you. Sometimes that will wake up the system and you may get subsequent updates from then on. Or maybe not.

Another option is to take it into your own hands and update the phone yourself. Lookup Odin and Samfirm. We can't give you any direct info here as it'll get censored.  There are some helpful members in the Android Central forums because it's a bit tricky.

That's as much as we can do here.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+ & 10, the software updates for both over the past 6-9 months have had to be done via Wi-Fi connection only (would not update via data/LTE), the last update (if you want to call it that) was on August 1, 2020 for a security patch which downloaded via LTE.

I'm not sure if this will help shed some insight as to why your possibly not receiving the software updates but I hope it does. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I went to an ubreakifix store near me and they said that they were able to do it but at a pretty high price of 60 dollars. I haven't tried a warranty certified store but I'm pretty sure my device is out of warranty at this point so they might charge me the same price too. If I were to flash the update, would I just end up using a "U" software cause from what I know, there isn't any AT&T official software to download online. The closest software is the U variant but from what I know, that is the unlocked variant. 

Do you know if it can be an IMEI mix up in the system that can prevent my device from getting any updates?

If nothing works, I am most likely going to be going the flashing route.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.