The Samsung Galaxy S24
Zayfare's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 25th, 2023 10:11 PM

Samsung Phone Trade In Promotion

Hi! I have a few questions about the promotion going on right now where you can trade in any Samsung phone (well, any S, Note, or Z) to get a new S23+ or Zflip 4 or Zfold 4 and I couldn't find it anywhere:

1. I recall reading in the promotion page that if the phone I wish to trade in has a different number than the phone I purchase then it may affect the eligibility of the trade in. I'm hoping to trade in a Samsung Note 9 but currently I'm using a Samsung S21 Ultra that has a different number than the Samsung Note 9. Would that mean that I'll have to switch back to the number the Samsung Note 9 had or can I keep my current number since it won't be too much of an issue? And, if I can't, do I have to open up a new line with the old number and cancel the one with the number I'm currently using somehow?

2. From experience, is going to a physical retail store better for the trade in rather than mailing the phone in? I've read some posts from people that had run into some complications mailing their phones to AT&T (with a few running into issues with their physical store) so I wanted to hear whether one method is better over another.

3. This might be an obvious "Uh, obviously not" answer to the question but will the Samsung Z Fold 5 be available under this program? I know the Samsung Z Fold 4 is but the Samsung Z Fold 5 hasn't even come out yet though I wanted to ask just in case haha.

4. So the promotion says that it's any Samsung phone of any year in any condition as long as it's valued at a $35 trade in. When I graded my Samsung Note 9 via the questions on the online store it showed $6 as the value (my phone has a little crack on the back and I think it might have some fade in on the screen, I don't recall exactly) but it accepted it for the trade in program. Is the $35 a strict thing that AT&T adheres to and I should talk to someone about the actual value of my Samsung Note 9 phone before considering this? Or do you think it'll be okay since the online site says that my phone is eligible for the trade in promotion?

Think that's it for the moment! I'm sure I'll either remember more questions or more questions will come about from your guys' answers!

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

7 months ago

All you had to do is go to att.com and look at the phones.  Read everything.  Expand all arrow points and make sure you know your phone is on the list of eligible devices. The list changes. Rumor is the any device and a year any condition is going to end this week, at least temporarily.

https://www.att.com/buy/phones/

Select the phone you wish to purchase, click on see all the details, expand all the arrow points

1. I recall reading in the promotion page that if the phone I wish to trade in has a different number than the phone I purchase then it may affect the eligibility of the trade in. I'm hoping to trade in a Samsung Note 9 but

The only requirements are that your phone line be eligible for upgrade, on the phone you wish to train in not be under any financial obligation, blacklisted or user locked.

2. From experience, is going to a physical retail store better for the trade in rather than mailing the phone in?

100%.   Make sure you get a receipt that identifies the phone you traded in. Don't lose it ever.

3. This might be an obvious "Uh, obviously not" answer to the question but will the Samsung Z Fold 5 be available under this program?

Probably.  We can only guess based on past deals.   The terms of the deal may change. It's important to read all the details on the sales page on the day of your purchase and save that information.

4. So the promotion says that it's any Samsung phone of any year in any condition as long as it's valued at a $35 trade in.

It requires the phone be valued at $35 or more before condition is assessed.   

(edited)

2 Messages

7 months ago

Ah, okay! I'll probably have to wait then since I had wanted to purchase my new phone at the beginning of August and not this week (I had looked into the program sometime in May and it had ended but reopened in June -at least, that was what I had thought) but at the very least I know now haha.

1. That's good to know! I was confused when I was reading the promotion so I'm glad I can do that.

2. Good to know as well! I'll definitely make sure to get a receipt of the transaction when it occurs (I'm also going to make sure that it's an actual retail store and not a resale location since I've read about issues from resale locations).

3. Alright! Since I'll be waiting maybe then I can see if they do something to include the Samsung Fold Z 5 or at least have another deal for it haha

4. O H, thank you!! I've been looking at this stuff on the myAT&T app rather than the actual website so I completely missed this!

Thank you overall for your answers by the way! I'll continue to do some more reading about the promotion (and maybe decide whether to bite the bullet early after all or if I'll just wait like I had wanted to for my original plan haha).

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

7 months ago

Very welcome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.