Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
shashankreddym's profile

1 Message

Thursday, April 11th, 2024 4:37 PM

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Inner Screen doesn't work - NEVER Buying A SAMSUNG device again

I have been an AT&T user since I got my first phone in 2005. We have used multiple Samsung devices and never had any issues until this recent experience. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 for my wife in March 2023. We had no issues with the phone until a week ago which is just after the manufacturers 1 year warranty expired. The phone inner screen went completely black and would not turn on, so we took it to uBreakiFix and they diagnosed it to be the flex cable in the Fold hinge that is broken and hence they need to change the screen and the Flex cable to fix it. They quoted about $550 for the repair. I called both SAMSUNG and AT&T about it none of them would cover it. It is clearly a manufacturing defect which is why the interior Flex Cable is broken with nothing happening to the device externally at all.

When I buy a $2000 Samsung phone and it doesn't work after a year for no fault of mine, right after the manufacturer's 1 year warranty expired. I am troubled by how Samsung is ripping off the customers for issues that are clearly manufacturer defects. I am posting this here so other customers are aware of this behavior by Samsung.

Going to buy another device over the weekend, nothing else I can do.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

1 month ago

If you had paid for insurance, then you could get it fixed for the insurance deductible.  Other than that, your only recourse is with Samsung. 

Due to all the potential issues with the folding screen, I waited until the Flip 3 before I'd get one for my wife; it's two years old and the screen is delaminating at the fold (and has been getting steadily worse for a year).  Hopefully it'll make it until the end of year 3.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

1 month ago

My father was a stress engineer for an aircraft company. They would build stuff and it was his job to see at what point it would break.  

His opinion of a folding smartphone would have been that solids will eventually crease and crack, and that moving parts have a higher potential of failing than non-moving parts. 

With his wise words and mind, there's not a chance in heck I will be buying a folding smartphone. It's just a terrible idea.  

I don't have any qualms about buying another Samsung, it just won't be a fold or a flip. 

Sorry this happened.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.