For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gy1363's profile

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

Sunday, July 12th, 2020 8:16 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 quarterly updates

Now that Samsung will only be providing quarterly security updates for the Galaxy S8, will AT&T be pushing the updates to these devices?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

It's the only way your going to get them.  Att has to push them.  They updated the S7 when it was quarterly so I would say you will see the updates.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

But, did AT&T ever push out the March 2020 patch for the S7?   The support site says they are still on the Dec 2019 patch.

The S8 should be getting the quarterly security patches, but you can tell AT&T starts losing interest in keeping their older phones updated after a while.

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

According to this, there's a security update with the June 1, 2020 security patch, but my phone says it's up to date, with the March 1, 2020 security patch.

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1203359/Samsung/SM-G955U

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

I did get the June 1 update on my S8 a week ago. About the same time my S9 got the July 1 update with One UI 2.1 (which broke the wallpaper scrolling feature). 

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

I contacted AT&T support via chat yesterday. August 2. The agent said they would push the update to my phone in 2 - 3 hours. Six hours later, I contacted them again and they again said I would get the update soon and that a supervisor would contact me. Well, it's been over 24 hours since I first reached out to them and no update.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

I'm afraid you're stuck. Far too often, users here said AT&T CS says they will push an update, but nothing ever happens.

My belief is that once you miss an update, you're forever toast. No matter what they tell you, AT&T lost your phone in their system and there's no fixing it. 

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

What's more frustrating is that my family has four S8 phones and none have gotten the update.

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Do AT&T employees monitor the forums anymore?

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

After doing a factory reset, the phone still wouldn't update to the latest security patch.

Tutor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Let's see what happens with the September 2020 update that Samsung just released. Hopefully AT&T releases it in a timely manner.

https://9to5google.com/2020/09/21/september-patch-now-rolling-out-for-galaxy-s8-series/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.