Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
jstrom9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 5:05 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge

Why is AT&T removing features that the developers have intentionally installed on these devices (S6/ S6 Edge)?

AT&T has removed the Download Booster feature that simultaneously uses Wi-Fi and LTE data to deliver faster speeds; the Simple Sharing feature that lets you more easily share large files with friends; Microsoft’s OneDrive application, which came with 100GB of free cloud storage; and the Smart Manager app that Samsung designed to make managing battery use and storage on your device easier.

I would rather go pay the extra money for an unlocked phone in order to keep these items and cut out the AT&T bloatware that I will never use. Yes, I can go download the Microsoft Apps from the Play Store, but the Smart Manager cannot be downloaded, nor can the Download Booster and Simple Sharing feature. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

8 years ago

each carrier has removed stuff from the s6/edge.

I asked this question the other day also.

here is what each carrier has done.

http://bgr.com/2015/04/13/samsung-galaxy-s6-verizon-att/

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, I saw the same article. I still wnat to know why they are screwing around with factory installed software and Apps. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

8 years ago

As I have been told its there choice.  I am sure ATT has a deal with lookout.  and smart manger uses macafee.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Basically the reason for it is, AT&T is greedy and they don't care about the product they sell to the people. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge yesterday an it was working wonderful, then when i reach home and i left it on my bed. I pick up the phone and press the power button and it didn't wanted to turn on. I plug it next to the charger and it isn't giving a charge. Please help me with this situation.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Your battery is probably defective. If you have a record of the date you purchased the phone, I would go back to the place you bought it and ask them to check it out. You might be able to get a new phone at no charge. 

I almost said get a new battery, but I remembered it inst removable anymore. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

8 years ago

even if the battery was bad adding power to the phone would show something.  Just return it an get another.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.