The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
Gatero's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 1:19 AM

Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini (6155A vs SGH-I257)

Is the 6155A model compatible with U.S. LTE?  I cannot find ANY information about this model.  The "standard" AT&T model is SGH-I257, but this new 6155A model has now popped up.  On AT&T's website, it shows 6155A on the product page, but when you click the link to go to its manual, it takes you to the manual for the SGH-I257.

Here's the link:

http://www.att.com/cellphones/samsung/galaxy-s-4-mini.html

More info: When I contacted Samsung support, I was told the 6155A is a non-U.S. model and so they could not give me any information about it.  I don't see it listed as a non-U.S. model *anywhere*.  AT&T's website shows it as (apparently) the exact same model as the I257 (according to the specs), but I don't know if I can trust that information since they seem to have the two models linked together as the same.  When I contacted AT&T support, I explained the story and was re-affirmed that it was "probably" true that it was a non-U.S. model.  AT&T support insisted that need to buy the I257 model in order to use it in the U.S.

Does anyone have more info on this?  Are they the same phone?  Does the 6155A have the same LTE bands as the I257?

Thank you!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there! @Gatero  thanks for posting your questions.

Looking at the specifications on AT&T and Samsungs site, it appears that both phones are essentially the same and work on the bands 2, 4, 5, and 17 which are the LTE bands. Keep in mind that if you purchase a non AT&T phone with these bands it should work just fine on our network, but ultimately the only thing we can fully guarantee getting a connection is an AT&T certified phone.

Thank you!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.