What is happening with 3G?
RohitN's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 2:43 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Lollipop update fails

I am having issue with upgrade to lollipop with my Galaxy Note Edge. Download runs successfully. After initiating the update, the phone restarts & runs the update for 1% & then fails. I have tried multiple times. I have an app called Airwatch which is an MDM app required by my company to use company mail. It encrypts the whole phone & I suspect that it is causing this issue. Let me know if you have any ideas that I can try.

Thanks

Rohit

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y ago

Hi there! @RohitN  Thanks for posting your update concerns.

I’m sorry to hear you’d had issues getting the update. So we can get this resolved, Please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

The best date and time to contact you

Thanks!

Charise

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Hit the Solved button by mistake. It's still an issue for me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

The updated was sent over the air by AT&T support but the update failed today again. This was my 7th attempt since 8th Apr. It has been failing at the same point. After the download, when I continue to install, it reboots the phone. After that shows "recovery rebooting" & then update fails from 0% to 1%. The phone restarts again without the update & I see the message as below -

Install Interrupted

The software update could not be installed.

This has been very disappointing for me so far.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I am having exact same issue I try 11th times and every time I get the same message "Install Interrupted

The software update could not be installed"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I did not have any issue updating Samsung note Tab with Airwatch and MDM app. Just my At&T note edge having a issue updating.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

I think that the update should be able to ask for entering the pin to unlock the device. Airwatch encrypts the storage & I think that's what is causing the update to fail. I would have expected AT&T to have realized it & prepared the update accordingly. MDM solutions are very common these days for corporate use.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I too am having the exact same problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Same issue with my phone after trying 10 times. Did anybody ever get a solution to the download error?
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.