The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

So just swapped out my sim card, factory delete and reset the phone but still no improvement for GPS functionality what-so-ever.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

I have noticed that my Note 3 on 4.4.4 is exhibiting the same flashing icon issue and showing that it is "searching using GPS" in the notification area.   However, it still tracked me on my 31 mile journey to my destination exactly the same as my in-dash GPS in my car.  No issues.

I'm not sure if it's just not "fully" locked on with GPS, but it didnt' faulter in any way nor has it over the past couple weeks since I've updated.

Not sure what it all means other than my GPS is still functioning.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Well this is really unfortunate and really unbeleivable.  I'm convinced the latest update from ATT has broken the stability of the GPS feature/functionality.  GoogleMaps is experiencing the exact same issues from last year to the early part of 2014.  My son has a Galaxy S4 phone with latest ATT updates and Googlemaps and his GPS signal is rock solid.  My Note 3 looses its GPS signal every few minutes or so.  I also experienced this out on the golf course yesterday with a Golf GPS app I have that was working fine all summer.  I went through the trouble of reseting my phone back to factory defaults to no avail. I'm ready to start raising cain with someone, just not sure if I should start with ATT or Samsung.  To me, they both are at fault.  It is probably a ATT update coding issue, however Samsung should not allow ATT to damage their reputation and goodwill with their customers.  And they are all at fault for acting as if there is no issue, like they did earlier this year.  What a bunch of ID 10 T's, its really kind of scarry.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The problem is back on my phone as well.  Same as before 4.4.2 where the GPS is working and for no apparent reason it drops.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

It's an update issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I have been monitoring this forum for the last few days and my problem was losing GPS signal during navigation. It locked on to my location accurately but when I began using navigation it would sometimes lose GPS signal but would lock back on to it in a reasonable time. Before the 4.4.4 update I never had any GPS issues and even downloaded the small update AT&T put out a couple of days ago. So today I went to an AT&T corporate store and swapped out my SIM and tested the navigation while on my way home and I didn't lose a GPS signal once. I will keep testing it every time I drive and update this forum accordingly. Hopefully the SIM swap fixed it and thanks everyone for their suggestions. Best of luck to everyone that were experiencing issues and I will update my progress by the end of next week. 

Its sad AT&T didn't fix this earlier but I am not switching carriers over one incident. I have been with them for 15 years and yes their customer service isn't the greatest but their coverage is great wherever I go and not many carriers have good customer service. I will be picking up my Note 4 in February and I hope that AT&T didn't mess up that phone as well. Because this issue was clearly AT&T's fault as every other Note 3 on other carriers GPS's worked just fine. Its sad too because the Note 3 is still a great device and better then many of the newer Andriod's being released. The Note 4 is in it's own class in my opinion.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I finally gave up, got an iPhone 6

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Well I am sure that made AT&T happy as they push iPhones on everyone that walks into the store. When I purchased my Note 3 I specifically asked for it and still the rep said are you sure you dont want a iPhone. I said no I asked for the Note 3 and I would never purchase a iPhone. iPhone has had their fair share of issues too. The iPhone 5 had an antenna issue and the 6 is breaking in peoples pockets. I had 3 friends already return their iPhone 6's because it cracked while in their pockets and all 3 went with the Note 4. At least the GPS issue wasnt Samsungs fault it was AT&T's.

I did alot of driving last night and have not had a GPS signal drop once for me. It looks like changing out my SIM did fix the problem. But I will continue testing it for the next week and if I don't have a GPS signal loss then I know its fixed for good. Can't wait to pick up my Note 4 as the Note 3 is a amazing device. I hope you enjoy your new iPhone and hopefully Apple has fixed whatever was causing the cracking and bending while in peoples pockets.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

You can't blame Samsung at all as every other Note 3 on other carriers GPS's work just fine. Samsung releases an

@rtal1970 wrote:

Well this is really unfortunate and really unbeleivable.  I'm convinced the latest update from ATT has broken the stability of the GPS feature/functionality.  GoogleMaps is experiencing the exact same issues from last year to the early part of 2014.  My son has a Galaxy S4 phone with latest ATT updates and Googlemaps and his GPS signal is rock solid.  My Note 3 looses its GPS signal every few minutes or so.  I also experienced this out on the golf course yesterday with a Golf GPS app I have that was working fine all summer.  I went through the trouble of reseting my phone back to factory defaults to no avail. I'm ready to start raising cain with someone, just not sure if I should start with ATT or Samsung.  To me, they both are at fault.  It is probably a ATT update coding issue, however Samsung should not allow ATT to damage their reputation and goodwill with their customers.  And they are all at fault for acting as if there is no issue, like they did earlier this year.  What a bunch of ID 10 T's, its really kind of scarry.

update to AT&T and then they configure it to work with their network. Samsung has no control over this. This is completely AT&T's fault plain and simple.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

The Note 4 is a great device, I just don't use all the features that it
offers. The iPhone 6 breaks just like any other smartphone, the screen on
my Note scratched from the stylus. I'm not a fanboy every phone has its
merits.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.