The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

What bothers me is that AT&T does not care about leaving this life threatening problem for such a long time. It is extremely dangerous to turn GPS off/on while driving, and AT&T is going to kill its users.

AT&T pretends as if they care about safety and advocate this "we can wait" campaign with DriveMode app and all that. But it is clear that AT&T does not care about proactively killing people by leaving this problem.

Again, AT&T is going to kill us, or maybe already killed some of us who are in this thread.

I hope that AT&T stops this safety campaign and admits that they are happy to kill us.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Former Employee

• 

82 Messages

10 years ago

I apologize, but I think this comment is a tad bit far.

Safety is always our top priority.

NoText.jpg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

JMill09 - Is there any news on the update front? If you aren't aware of anything could you perhaps find someone who could give us an update?

I agree that the comment was exaggerated. However, I do feel the frustration behind it. I think anyone who puts themselves in our shoes will be more than frustrated due to:

• The silence on AT&Ts part while so many customers believed it was "their fault" for their device not working.

• The feeling that AT&T and Samsung presented a form of false advertising by presenting a device that offers GPS functionality, but clearly does not.

• The amount of money this device cost us.

• The fact that AT&T had not informed their own customer service and store employees of the problem that has plagued the device. This only made us more frustrated by enforcing the feeling that it was "our fault."

• AT&T continuing to sell the Note 3 to customers without informing them about a major flaw of the phone.

• The fact that it has taken SO long for AT&T to acknowledge the problem AND put out a fix for this expensive device. I cannot begin to understand the red tape involved in pushing out updates to phones, but when people are rooting their phones and copying over a few files to make their phone work perfectly* then we have to ask ourselves (and AT&T) what the hold up is.

I don't feel AT&T's actions are malicious. At this point I just feel that a large corporation - that we are legally bound by a contract too - has not held up their end of my expected level of support and service. As you can see in this thread, there are those who have left AT&T over this issue. This should concern AT&T and only shows the level of frustration we feel.

Please make this right. Please find some way to make us feel like we haven't made a mistake going with AT&T.

Perhaps it isn't the case, but the grass SURE does looks greener on the other side.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

My only concern is AT&T blatantly censoring negative reviews on its site for the device, even though those reviews are true. This is a serious issue and one I believe needs mainstream media attention.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Well it's not my only concern. There are safety issues, service failure issues, communication issues, customer service issues, and I won't even get into the false billing issues I had that took months to get resolved...but that is the most egregious and dishonest one.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah that comment is funny especialy when this is a safty consern. When you are taking of course do bad GPS files and taken into a bad neighborhood and shot for being in the wrong area. Would AtT be liable then?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T I do think you may be underestimating the danger associated with needing to turn the GPS on and off whole getting directions in the course of driving. I can tell you it almost caused me an accident once. We just want this prioritized as a critical issue that needs to be addressed right away. A lot of us are dependent on GPS and are stuck in contract with a device that does not work and the work around is extremely dangerous. The message here is often one of frustration but the underlying issue is serious and needs a more immediate resolution.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I forgot to mention I tweeted about this again the other day and AT&T Customer Support asked me if I had my GPS turned off and sent me instructions on how to turn on and off my GPS. Seriously? Smiley LOL Smiley Sad

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Lol I thought mine was bad when I asked at&t "Do you know when the GPS Kit Kat updates going to happen!!!?" They replied with "sure do! " and a link to how to check my phone for an update.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^^ on twitter also. Forgot to mention.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.