We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
A

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 12:11 AM

Samsung Galaxy a01 Moving apps NOT FILES to an SD card

I've tried everything I can think of and can't for the life of me figure out how to move apps to an sd card on this phone. I mean seriously I've never had any issues before but I just can't figure this one out. Please HELP ME!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

2 years ago

@VladPladd

The answer above is correct you cannot move apps to the SD card.  SD cards are for extra DATA storage.  

FOR Example :

Camera app itself doesn't use much storage, but hundreds or thousands of photos do. 

While the app for your camera remains in your internal storage your photos can default to the SD card.

The same for music, which is the other common item which requires a lot of storage. Your music app, let's say Spotify, remains on your internal storage Drive, but you can designate the SD card as music storage.

The settings for both of these storage designations will be in the application itself. 

You may find a shortcut to designate the SD card in settings, applications, storage (depends on the model) 

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.9K Messages

2 years ago

Most apps can’t be moved to an SD card 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Employee or not, the previous comment did not do anything in regards to answering this question and as an AT&T consumer I would like what should be an easy answer. 

If there is no way to move APPs(not manually moving files) then what is the purpose of having a Micro SD slot when the purpose is to free up space? 

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Agree with lizdance40,you cannot move apps to the SD card.but I know one way to save music from Spotify to an SD Card.Saving your music directly to your SD card works mainly for Spotify premium users. Remember that all your collection is saved to the Library. So, saving your music directly equates to transferring them from the ‘Library’ to your SD card.if you are using free account,you may need some third-party tool to help you.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.