For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Kailef's profile

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

Thursday, December 13th, 2018 4:11 AM

Samsung Free 50" 4K UHD TV

What is going on with AT&T and Samsung.? I can't stand being ping-ponged back and forth between the companies. On November 30th, I started wireless service with AT&T. I screenshotted the offer just in case something like this happened. I even copied and pasted the offer details into a TXT file. I will paste the offer details below too. It's been almost 14 days and I'm about ready to go turn this phone back in. I've done my research and searched the forums and saw the trouble people had getting their TV back in 2016-2017. I didn't see their troubles until today though. AT&T tells me Samsung is the one that sends me to the code after they verify my eligibility. Samsung tells me since it's a promotion from AT&T, then it's their job to send me the code. Neither company seems to know what they're doing. As a former customer service agent of another company and now as someone who spot-checks other quality assurance analysts who score those recorded calls all the customers take part in with the representatives, I'm ashamed to see the level of customer service I've received.  I've spoken to over a dozen the past week. A few are great at expressing sympathy and empathy, but it appears none have the knowledge and expertise to truly own the call to put a customer's mind at ease.

I'm not here to go on and on about the lack of customer service though. I'm here about my TV. I started wireless service because I needed it, but also to provide a nice Christmas gift to my mother who is needing a new TV. If I can't get this resolved asap, I'm turning in my phone at the nearest AT&T store and canceling Friday within the 14 day window. I got a galaxy S9+ on the AT&T Next plan and it's a new account/new line because I transferred my number over from another carrier. AT&T swore up and down it would still count and be eligible because it's still considered a new line of service. Who do I contact exactly? What department? Do I email the attcustomercare email address? 

Here is the offer details and the screenshot of the offer: 

Get a Free Samsung Gift
when you buy an eligible Samsung Galaxy smartphone (up to $1,250) on AT&T NextSM w/ wireless (min. $50/mo. after discount).

Ends 11/30/18. Req’s new line. If svc cancelled, device balance due. Redeem one-time use code at samsung.com w/in 30 days of receipt. Shipping & taxes not included. $30 Activation and other terms apply.

How to redeem:

1. To take advantage of this offer, you need to purchase a qualifying Samsung Galaxy smartphone on an AT&T Next or AT&T Next Every Year installment agreement with new service or add a line of service to your existing plan. Qualifying devices include:

• Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
  1. Watch your inbox! Within 14 days of purchase you will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem your offer.
  2. Once you receive your email visit Samsung.comto redeem your gift. Please note taxes and shipping charges are not included in your promotional value.

Samsung Gift with Purchase Offer: Ends 11/30/18. Available only in the U.S. (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.). Consumers only. Not an upgrade offer. Eligible Devices: New Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, Note 9, S9, or S9+ on 0% APR AT&T Next or AT&T Next Every Year installment agmtIf svc is cancelled, remaining installment agmt balance is due (up to $1,250). Tax on full retail price due at sale. Down payment may be req’d. See att.com/next for details. Req’d Wireless: Postpaid wireless voice & data service (min. $50/mo. for new svc with autopay and paperless bill discount. Pay $60/mo. until discount starts w/in 2 bills). Existing customers can add to eligible current plans which may be less.Eligibility: At time eligibility is checked (min 14 days after purchase), smartphone must still be on its AT&T Next agmt & acct must remain active. Promotion code: Value of promotion code varies based on date of purchase. After eligibility confirmed, one-time use promotion code delivered via email w/in 10 days. Promotion code expires 30 days after emailed & redeemable only online at samsung.com.  Valid for a single order up to the value of the gift. If total order amount is less than the value of the promotion code, you will not receive credit or cash back for unused portion. May not be combined with any other offer or promotion on samsung.com that requires the use of a promotion code. The promotion code may only be used to pay for the products being purchased, and may not be used to pay for sales tax or shipping charges. Samsung.com terms & conditions apply. Limit: 1 coupon per wireless account. Offer may not be combinable with select other offers, discounts, credits. Purchase & other limits & restr’s apply.

GEN. WIRELESS SVC: Subj. to Wireless Customer Agmt (att.com/wca). Credit approval required. Svcs not for resale. Deposit: May apply. Limits: Purch. & line limits apply. Prices may vary by location. Taxes, fees, monthly, other charges, usage, speed, coverage & other restr's apply per line. See att.com/additionalcharges for details on fees & charges. Promotions, terms & restr’s subject to change & may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. International and domestic off-net data may be at 2G speeds. AT&T service is subject to AT&T network management policies. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details.

ATT-SamsungTV.jpg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

Well,l it's been over an hour and no supervisor call. I already canceled internet a week ago because they offer slow speeds in my area while Mediacom offers up to 1gig. Tired of this 18mbps crap. It's not handling my work at home job.

Just called back in and canceled DirecTV. It was already on seasonal hold for the past 6 months. My only lines of business now are wireless, which I will cancel tomorrow once I transfer my number. I can buy the same exact S9+ phone on payments at Amazon in 5 monthly installments, which beats paying close to $100 a month for 2 years through AT&T. Then my remaining service is DirecTV Now streaming, which I eventually will cancel and probably go to PS Vue since DirecTV Now can't offer Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and SEC Network in the same package. Then the last line of business is my home phone, which I may keep because it's a regular landline that works without power in the house, unlike those VoIP digital lines.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

@Tripendiculaar - It's completely up to you what you want to do. I spoke with the manager at the nearest AT&T store and she extended my return period to 15 days instead of 14. She gave me this last day to try to figure out this promotion and she suggested contacting AT&T chat online since it was a promotion from the att.com website. I got confirmation from numerous AT&T reps from both online and on the phone that I qualify for it and should have gotten the email that contains the instructions to redeem the offer. I read the offer details carefully. I know that the phone has to be active for at least 14 days and then it will take up to 10 more days to get the code. However, the offer details also say within the 14 days of purchase, you will receive the email containing instructions on how to redeem the offer. Well,l I never received the instructions so I'm not waiting another 10 days to get a code and be stuck in a contract.

I'm severely disappointed not only in the promotion falling through, and yes I even emailed all the details, screenshot, and txt file to the CEO of Samsung and they were supposed to look into it and never got back to me. In the last week and a half, I have spoken to over a dozen reps from AT&T and Samsung. I'll take my number to another provider will be canceling the wireless and turning in the phone at the nearest store tomorrow where I spoke to the manager there.

It's up to what you do, but I'm not going to put up with getting screwed.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Did you ever find resolution on this? I am having the same issue!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

i am also in the same boat, it looks like At &t and samsung promotion is kind of fooling around. Time to go away from At &t.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

@Jserletic @praveenskg I did not find a resolution to this. I spent the entire 2 weeks waiting on that code and checked in daily for that email that was supposed to provide instructions. Supposed to be 2 emails according to Samsung. They said those emails come from AT&T. They said that first email comes within the first 2 weeks with instructions on how to claim, and then about 10 days after those 2 weeks, the code comes. I never got the instructions so I returned mine on day 15 without penalty and transferred my number out.

I was so disappointed with AT&T not following through on this promotion that I canceled wireless, my internet(canceled it because they only offer up to 18Mbps in my small town where a different provider offers up to 1gig, and even canceled directv.

Loyal customer of at&t/bellsouth for 20+ years and finally went somewhere else. I still have a landline phone from at&t and plan to keep that because it works without power unlike these digital voip services. If at&t ever brings faster internet speed, I may return to it as it's always been stable, but other then that I'm no longer attempting to take advantage of any promotion they offer because they didn't follow through on this one.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately im almost 30 days out. No chance to turn back. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

did any one got any solution for this ? it looks like At & t is making their customers feel like a fool. 

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

5 years ago

Good luck to you @praveenskg at getting it. When the rules clearly state you get that first email within 14 days and the second email within 10 days after having service active for 15 days and you don't get them, then you basically get the shaft. Both emails should have been there within 30 days.

I've had to start a ticket just to get the $849.94 taken care of because I shouldn't have been charged for it. Even the store manager swore I wouldn't be charged for it.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Correct at this point I am gathering these messages and giving them to a
friend who was the lawyer for the plaintiffs in the BP Oil case. We are
going to file class action.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Having the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.