Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 11, 2017 3:15 AM

S7 edge G935A can't update version

Hi 

i just buy phone s7 edge of AT&T . my current version is 6.0.1 when i check for update it said was  update to date . 

so how can i update it to version 7.

Thanks

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @mdarait

Thanks for posting your question. AT&T branded phones get OS updates over the air from AT&T, and any AT&T phone can only receive an update when it's connected to an active AT&T service on AT&T's network. Unfortunately, since you're using your phone outside of USA with another provider it can not get updates from AT&T. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
jimstem

Teacher

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same device that was purchased as a test device so it has no cellular service (just wifi). Is there no way to update the OS on this device?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

@jimstem wrote:

I have the same device that was purchased as a test device so it has no cellular service (just wifi). Is there no way to update the OS on this device?

ATT only updates devices with ACTIVE ATT SERVICE in the USA.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I purchased AT&T unlocked device in pakistan. How i update it to letest android version.?