For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
misterfixit60's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 24th, 2018 3:09 PM

S7 Active problems after update

My AT&T Samsung S7 active has some issues after the recent update.  The gallery and photo apps stop immediately after opening when trying to open an image from the my files app.

The device maintenance app stops immediately after clicking on the storage option within that app.  

The battery seems to discharge rapidly since this update also.

Clearing the cache and data of those apps and clearing the cache of the phone and rebooting does not solve these issues.  A Google search shows many with the same issues.  Is a fix coming for these issues?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The workaround cleared up most of the glitchiness.  But it still seems sluggish and seems to chew up the battery.  I do NOT plan on upgrading.  I like the phone I have, but if I have to, I'll change carriers.  This isn't the first time AT&T pushed an update that fouled up my phone.  I have been a corporate customer since before it was AT&T!. I would hate to leave, but loyalty has little value anymore.  It is a shame that these fixes come from frustrated and talented users, rather than AT&T.  My camel's back is one straw away...

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Since I updated software my group contacts are gone. I had 15 groups. Upper right hand corner drop down menu is missing the word "group". Also unable to hang up after I finish a phone call because the hang-up button is missing. Worked perfect before the update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have had a few more glitches with other apps.  Going to settings then apps and choosing those apps then clearing the cache under storage fixed them.  It is aggravating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I lost every #^*^<:  photo, do not use this!!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

clearing all data will delete all photos!!!!!!!! So DO NOT delete data,

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Deleting data will delete all photos!!!! So DO NOT delete data!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This procedure has solved my S7 Active Sam. Gallery/Google Photo issues without deleting any pics or videos!  I did reboot and as advertised after sometime both apps find all the pics/videos.

This procedure when used on other offending apps like Device Maint., MTP, etc. seems to also solve the crashing.

Wow AT&T I was surprised that the S7 Active received the Oreo update....some good things but could do without the BUGS!!!  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am having the same issues and as soon as I get my phones paid for, I am switching to Verizon. So very frustrating with all the crashes with my photos and other apps.  I just tried the fix and hope that my photos return... I am missing over 800 photos so I hope they come back.. crossing my fingers! Another problem with AT&T is they are not replacing towers or putting new towers up in their smaller towns and rural areas.  AT&T coverage area is practically obsolete for me at home and my rural route that I run as a Food Sales rep.  I have been an AT&T customer since they bought out Cingular Wireless in 2004 and will be leaving them as soon as I am able to pay off our phones.  The quality of the signal has decreased throughout the years in the rural areas where I live and Verizon's signal areas have increased. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am also having these issues. It’s driving me mad.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I called ATT customer support and they said I
could not retrieve my photos because they are not
backed up. However the rep took control of my
phone remotely and played around with it and
somehow all my photos suddenly appeared. We don't
know how !
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.