Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mor3pain's profile

5 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2023 11:50 AM

S22 Ultra 512gb - No network

Got this phone from AT&T and I'm still paying for it.

Can't make calls, send or recieve text messages. No data. Tried all troubleshooting steps. Reset network, delete cache. 

4 Messages

2 months ago

@formerlyknownas on my previous post I indicated that Samsung replaced my motherboard (along with other items). One repair guy told me that they likely destroyed power and charging port in the process of taking the phone apart which may be the reason they went ahead and replaced the Charging Port.   I have discovered that some models of the S22 Ultra have independent antennas and in other  models the antenna is built into the motherboard.  I'd bet a million dollars that the reason my motherboard was replaced is because my model just might be one of those that the antenna is built into the motherboard.  Well, since I've gotten it back it has been smooth sailing.  Works like a charm.  

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

2 months ago

@swankynina 

Thanks for checking in.  Interesting.  And it does make sense.  I'm a bit shocked Samsung was so sloppy.   They should do better.  It doesn't take much to turn a respected brand into a brand no one wants to buy anymore.  

Glad you had good results.  

4 Messages

2 months ago

I am in the same boat and all at&t can tell me is to buy a new phone. Really?? I am still paying for this one and I had traded my my older phone. Never again.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

2 months ago

Again, it's samsungd cheap hardware in thisifrl that failed.  If you have insurance, use it. Otherwise just go and pay to get it repaired. So far the repair costs have been cheaper than the deductibles

11 Messages

2 months ago

@Kikie Approximately a month later, my phone lost signal once more. I contacted the repair shop, and this time, the technician replaced the 5G antenna. Six weeks have passed, and the issue has not recurred. The replacement of the antenna was free of charge because it was covered under warranty, as the previous repair of the charging port did not resolve the problem.

4 Messages

2 months ago

@Joeisannoyed glad your phone is now working. Will try to find a repair guy to change the antenna. Samsung told me, phone warranty expired despite the problem before warranty expired a week ago.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.