Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mor3pain's profile

5 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2023 11:50 AM

S22 Ultra 512gb - No network

Got this phone from AT&T and I'm still paying for it.

Can't make calls, send or recieve text messages. No data. Tried all troubleshooting steps. Reset network, delete cache. 

5 Messages

8 months ago

at&t is basically saying, we sold you a defective device and it's your fault that you didn't give them more money for insurance!

7 Messages

6 months ago

I'm having the same issue, 3 days in a row, I want to buy a new phone, but I'm afraid this is an At&t issue, then I will be stuck with a new phone and a defective line. I tried everything, including At&t support. I'm almost changing to Verizon so I can assure this will be resolved. It's impressive a phone like this have this kind of issue. 

1 Message

6 months ago

EXACT same issue. AT&T is passing the blame. I've spent 6 days now with an expensive paperweight, being told that they aren't responsible and that the solution is that I should go buy a burner phone to put my SIM in. Meanwhile they will still have no solution and I will still have to pay off the brick. While the burner takes care of phone access, this is unacceptable.  I have a disabled child. I am a stay at home mom and this is my only means on communication. When we are on the road to appointments and therapies, or I need to access his medical records, this is what I use. AT&T, thank you for failing us. We will be moving ALL of our lines to Verizon, as will my parents and my husband's. Good job with your lack of service.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

5 months ago

@HustleNBHumble 

Okay so the antenna was fried?  Any feedback from the tech who did the replacement as to why this happened? Was it overheating? Was it a short?

You may know this is been a pervasive problem especially with the S22 ultra. It's unreasonably common.   

I guess I'm not surprised that it's not a software solution. But I'm puzzled how the software cost the problem.

Anyway thanks for posting this and I'm going to bookmark it so that everyone else who has the same problem can read your post!

7 Messages

5 months ago

I quit Samsung and bought a Pixel. My new phone is working just fine. I'm sending the S22 in a trade-in, so it will not be my problem anymore. I spend around 1.000 dollars on this issue. This is disrespectful and disgusting. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

@formerlyknownas unfortunately I didn't get any feedback from the tech. I was just happy that my phone was up and running. I'll try and swing by throughout the week to ask if he remembers. 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am not an At&t customer and this is certainly an issue related to an update likely frying the antenna.  My s22 Ultra is experiencing the same issue. My carrier sent me a replacement device that worked slightly better than mine (I could make calls intermittently, but itnwould disconnect from the internet and reconnect and sometimes emergency calls only) until I also ran the update on the replacement.  At that point it was rendering not connected to the network just like my original device.   Many phone calls,  two trips to my carrier's store, change of SIM, application of eSim, reset and on and on, plus contact with Samsung customer care and at their instruction a visit to one of their stores resulted in the Samsung retailer repair guy telling me that this is a known issue, nothing they can do, but that I would need to ship my device to them.  The problem is that multiple Samsung customer care reps have given me different info about my phone's warranty.  Now, it has been confirmed that my device it out of warranty.  I've had it for about 18 months.  I put up a fuss and the customer care agent offered to extend the warranty, but I'd have to pay 50% of the repair cost on a phone that I still am making payments to my carrier on.  I refused and am currently on hold for a supervisor.  A (Edited per community guidelines) is what needs to happen. I'll report updates soon.  Good luck my friends!

(edited)

4 Messages

4 months ago

Update from previous post regarding my 18+ month old S22 Ultra.  So, I gather the fact that I mentioned to Samsung Customer Care (1800 726-7864) that their repair shop which they instructed me to visit advised me that my problem was a known issue that they couldn't do anything about - that I needed to mail the device in to Samsung helped my case.  I kept harping on that, yelled and pitched a fit about Samsung knowing exactly what is going because people are complaining all over the web, told them how my carrier sent me a replacement device which literally gave me the same problems after I ran the update on it as well and asking for a supervisor multiple times until I had gone from a rep, to a supervisor, to that supervisor's supervisor finally landed me with them offering to extend my warranty and cover all expenses.  They have emailed me a shipping label.  I have to back up my device and remove the S Pen, sim card tray and sim card before shipment.  It will take 5-7 business days for repair.  The kicker -  they would not send a loaner phone so I'll have to find a back up plan for use while my phone is gone. The downside is that I'll likely not know what the problem is to report back.  If I do, I'll post an update here.  

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

4 months ago

@swankynina 

Thanks for that information 

In my opinion this is what Samsung should be doing for everyone with a 22 ultra that has this problem. Extending the warranty and repairing it for free. If you want to keep selling $1,500 phones and not getting a black mark next to your name with customers, you need to support your devices for longer than 12 months.   

There are manufacturers out there that's warranty their devices for 2 years and even some for 3 years. If Samsung wants to kick apples butt, that might be the way for them to go. Extend their warranty to two full years.

As far as the "loaner" device, that is standard.  American service providers send you a replacement device first and then you send in the defective one. Manufacturers do not.

Anytime you deal with the manufacturer there is no replacement sent ahead of time which means you have to have your own backup phone.  

Since I rely on my phone for business purposes, self-employed, I have always had an unlocked backup phone available to me just in case

Cross my fingers that in two weeks you will have good news. Also hoping it's the same problem. If it's not an overheating problem at a fried antenna, then there's more than one issue

🤞🏼

(edited)

7 Messages

4 months ago

Let me share my updates. I traded my Samsung, bought a P8P and I couldn't be happier. The battery is not the strongest thing, feels cheaper (and it is) than Samsung's, but I don't have a lot of confusing UI distractions and it's not a bootloader. Samsung never more. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.