The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mrcharlemagne's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 15th, 2023 12:20 AM

Returned phone switched and stolen

I had a phone stolen from me back in December of 2022. Asurion, and at@t sent me a new phone threw my insurance. The phone was a Samsung s21 ultra. The phone they sent me was an extra phone so I never tried to activate it for a month later. When I did finally go to activate it the phone keeped asking me for a passcode. So apparently asurion sent me a phone that was never logged out properly. At@t, and asurion put me threw the ringer for 7 months not wanting to exchange the phone. I finally got a replacment phone may 23 2023. Including was a postage stamp instructing me to put the old device in the box the new phone came in, and to send it back. I followed all the directions to the T. Finally I was happy cause I been paying every month for a phone that I have not been able to use. Plus was informed I would get a credit for the months I was in able to use it. All was good intill yesterday June 13th 2023 when I received a package with a destroyed phone that wasn't the one I sent with a letter stating that at@t is gonna change me $1,250 cause this is a non at@t compatible device. My heart dropped. I can't believe this is happening. So I called at@t telling them my issue. Was on the phone for 4 hours for nothing. They are saying that that's the phone I sent Cause they take pictures when it comes in. They were kind enough to email me the pics, but could clearly see the package is open. This is not the phone I returned. So someone is stealing our phones and swapping them out with battered older phones. I've never seen this phone before. They could easily track down who's phone it belonged to threw the IMEI #. They pretty much told me they can't help me and I'm stuck paying $1,250. I just came from the police station and filed a report. Tomorrow I'm going to the corporate office because I deserve better than this crap. This whole situation with this phone is disrupting my life to the point I can't even sleep at night. So beware people make sure you document and video your self putting the phone in the box and dropping in the mail. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 months ago

🤦‍♂️

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Similar thing happen me I trade in 5 phones and after several phone calls I was told they only received 4 phones and they were all damaged they only gave me $35 in credit and 1 phone is still missing until now the sale or anyone at ATT can give account for the phones the sale rep took from my home as a trade in 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.