Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 25, 2019 1:54 AM

resetting AT&T Samsung to factory settings

Has anybody did this and then lived to regret it? I'm considering resetting but don't want to be sorry I did.

Responses

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

Factory resetting a phone can be nerve-wracking, but as long as everything is backed up, you should be fine. I'd recommend backing up the phone to your Samsung Cloud (Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Samsung Cloud), and also use Google Photos as a backup to that backup.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

[deleted - wrong post]

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

a year ago

@jamerk wrote:

Has anybody did this and then lived to regret it? I'm considering resetting but don't want to be sorry I did.

No.   But I’m very good about backing up my device correctly to Google. 

You can also back up to Samsung.  

Both will restore data when you sign in to the accounts used. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Go to settings on Samsung phone to factory reset Samsung: Settings>Account and Backup>Backup and Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Device, at last enter the password to confirm.

Of course, back it up is better because factory reset will erase all data on Samusng.

(edited)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…