The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mathewboi520's profile

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 11th, 2023 10:23 AM

ReFlashed firmware on S21. How do i unlock device?

I submitted a request 2 days ago have not gotten an answer back

This isn't a at&t issued phone this is a Tmobile phone which i flashed to use at&t firmware since i was having network issues then (im not having them anymore now) and Qlink is somehow working on at&t towers. I just don't wanna end up with random problems how can i quickly get my device unlocked?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

No the phone is not locked. And if it were it would be locked to T-Mobile not AT&T.  

Your phone had software available on board to convert the phone as soon as you insert it a SIM card from a different major service provider.   That's not a lock, it's bloat.

If you get a Verizon SIM card tomorrow and insert it it will convert to Verizon. If you go back to T-Mobile and insert a T-Mobile SIM card it will convert back to T-Mobile

Once the phone is unlocked, it cannot be locked again and it certainly can't be unlocked from T-Mobile and locked to a different service provider. That's not a thing

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

Wish I'd saved the video of the conversion...

There should have been a weird SIM card graphic on your phone when you inserted the AT&T SIM

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

Why would you be asking AT&T for an unlock if this is a T-Mobile phone? The unlock comes from T-Mobile. And that is assuming the phone was locked to begin with.

AT&T can only unlock AT&T phones

6 Messages

6 months ago

@formerlyknownass that's because as i said i downloaded AT&T firmware on my phone i flashed it. It's now an AT&T phone with all the software AT&T stuff

6 Messages

6 months ago

And yes my phone is locked i checked and qlink a Tmobile based carrier is somehow just working 

6 Messages

6 months ago

Oh okay thanks for clarifying 

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

Just so I understand... you want AT&T to unlock a T-Mobile phone?

Doesn't work that way. T-Mobile has to unlock a T-Mobile phone. Firmware - no matter who it's for - has nothing to do with that.

Unless you're asking for something totally different.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 months ago

If you know how to flash a phone why not just flash U1 software that has no carrier stuff

6 Messages

6 months ago

@joeldf my question was already answered 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.