Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 7, 2016 3:46 AM

recover deleted pictures

I accidentally deleted about 2 months of pictures. Is there any way I can restore my photos?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

4 years ago

Maybe. There are file recovery programs that might work with your phone.

http://www.asoftech.com/articles/mobile-phone-data-recovery.html

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Try connecting it to your computer (Windows based if possible). Go to your phone folder via my computer and check for the photos under the DCIM folder.
If they are not there...

If you have synced Android phone photos to Google account. You can easy to get lost photos back.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

When a file deleted from your phone, it is not truly deleted. The operating system only removed it from the file category in the folder and flagged the storage of the deleted file as being ready for overwritten. That is why you cannot find them though it still exists on your phone. All in all, before you shooting some new pictures to overwrite the memory, you can fully retrieve deleted pictures from your phone with a professional 3rd-party program.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I tried with Recuva first as many people are talking about this data recovery program on the internet. However, I finally realized that this program couldn't work to recover my deleted pictures om the SD card, as it only detected several exist photos from the SD card, that's too sad and I tried another program and they offer a Deep Scan mode, saved my photos after hours of scanning.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Its very sad to hear that your pictures are deleted but they can be recovered. BUt ensure that you have not added any data after pictures are deleted. If those photos are not overwritten then you can easily recover deleted pictures on Android.

But I will suggest you to check the backup once either in Google Photos, Google Drive or any other place. If not then use Android Photo Recovery tool, a professional to retrieve disappeared photos from Android.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…