The Samsung Galaxy S24
CurlyTaurus's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 30th, 2016 1:26 AM

Purchased Phone, Find Out It's Stolen...

So, I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to use a brand new phone that I purchased with the last of my funds. I requested an unlock code through AT&T only to have my request "denied" due to the phone being reported lost/stolen.

I have had phones stolen before, so I understand that carriers want to help their customers. But what about the potential customer, not knowing the phone was reported as such, who purchased an AT&T phone hoping to have use of it?

Now I am stuck with NO useable phone, I am out of the money I spent & whoever reported the phone as lost/stolen, most likely has another at this point (and if they don't, how would they get THIS phone back?).

I am lost on what options I actually have. And if AT&T cannot help unlock phones because they are lost/stolen, then what becomes of this device? Am I supposed to just throw it away? Obviously I cannot sell it to anyone else... What a waste.

Is there any help I can get????

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

All wireless carriers were under government pressure to do something about burgeoning phone thefts. The easiest, quickest, and best thing to do was make them worthless to a potential thief. Your only recourse is to go back to the seller and demand your money back for a now worthless device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.