Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
P

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 11:11 PM

Purchased 2 Prepaid Plans Neither worked, changed provider, now no Unlock

Dear ATT, I tried to UnLock my Aunts Galaxy Express3 that we bought for her last year that she couldnt activate, 2 times, she selected the wrong plan w/more data & it took the $25 we purchased, she purchased another $25 option, selected it, & it still didnt work, it then said to add another $15 to activate. She Never got to use this phone. Aprox a year later we ran IMEI #for QLink BYOP service, it qualified & they sent a New Sim Chip. Upon insert it Requires ATT Unlock code, we didnt know it would require a code, & thought after qualified MEI Passed that we insert Sim, & follow simple steps to activate, never knowing this Unlock Code was even needed. After this we log into ATT Unlock page ecpecting no problems but it said we had to use it for "6 Months" 1st. We couldn't use for 6min. After we purchased it & lost $50 in the process with little to no help. Now we have No Phone @ALL! Is there ANY WAY to get this mutch needed code? We are now in jeopoardy of looseing the full 1yr. of Qlink service if we dont get this ATT Phone Code A.S.P. (due to the Qlink account beeing inactive) & Beeing Disabled this Qlink Phone is Lifeline for Dr. Appointments, SNAP, Etc.. (as well as many other important contacts) this could cause loss of Benifits, Drs., Medicines, etc.. PLEASE HELP in this time of Need. Thank You
SAMSUNG Galaxy Express3
IMEI# (edited as per community guidelines)
Request number: (edited as per community guidelines)

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.2K Messages

2 months ago

Sorry, no. ATT will not unlock until all requirements are met and a prepaid phone requires 6 months of prepaid service to unlock. Buy a different phone.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question