Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
C

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jun 30, 2020 10:06 PM

Promised bogo promotion but att store reps misleaded me and getting chargedbfor device that's supposed to be free!!!!!!

Hi my name is Christian (Edited as per community guidelines). I came in  to this att store (1 E Kings Hwy

Audubon, NJ 08106

United States) here and the manager of the store explained a bogo that was in promotion of buy one samsung device and get the other one free. I transfered my number from t-mobile and purchased the galaxy s 10 + and the galaxy s9 +. Manager assured me the s9 + was in the promotion for free phone. After 2 weeks of going back and forth because they had issue transferring second phone number over everything was set and the manager told me first 2 months the i was going to see the phone payment deducted and then after the 2 months it was going to be refunded as credit back to me making it a free phone. That was back on July 2019 and I've been getting charged for the phone ever since. I made a case with att and turns out the s9 + was never on the promotion and got referred to get in contact with the store so they can fix the problem. I've been trying to contact the store and always end up on hold for 45 mins plus and never get serviced. This is very disappointing and very bad service from this store. I need to get in contact with the district manager of this store to have this issue fixed. My email is [email scrubbed]

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

a month ago

This forum is not customer support. No one from ATT will contact you from your post here and no one here can help you reach the store manager. You are likely wasting your time trying to contact them. The store manager can’t change the fact the phone was not part of the promotion. Your best course of action is to escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. They are more likely to fix your issue than the store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Oh ok. How do I get in contact with corporate to fill out this complaint?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

You don’t contact corporate. Corporate will contact you after you file the complaint with the FCC: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thank you!

• 

112 Messages

a month ago

Hello @cjimenez0517,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines https://www.att.com/legal/terms.forumguidelines.html your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

Get started...

Ask a new question