For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Norcal707's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, February 29th, 2024 5:08 AM

Problem with Samsung S7 Unlock Procedure

Decided to unlock a AT&T Samsung S7 that I bought used a couple of years ago. Requested a unlock code on the AT&T site and received an email stating that I needed to have had AT&T Prepaid service for at least 6 months.

I then spent 45 minutes on hold to talk to nice Anna @ Prepaid CS since I've only used Prepaid the entire time. She verified this fact and texted a unlock code to me. I was told to power-off my phone, remove the AT&T Sim, insert a Sim from another Provider, power back up and enter the unlock code. The problem is, no prompt comes up to enter the code.

Am I doing something wrong or do I not have correct instructions to complete the unlock process?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 months ago

If you are not being prompted for an unlock code, one of two possibilities.

1.  The phone is already unlocked

2.   The Sim you are using is an AT&T MVNO SIM card and does not require an unlock code

2 Messages

2 months ago

How do I determine if it was already unlocked?  The Sim I was using was for Verizon, not AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 months ago

Does it work with the Verizon SIM?

Or is it still saying SIM not supported?   

Or another error?   

Carrier unlocking the phone will allow it to work with compatible service providers but not necessarily every service provider. If this phone was originally sold directly by AT&T I don't think it has the software to convert to work on Verizon and maybe missing band 13 or other critical hardware.   

Did you check its IMEI before trying to use it on Verizon? They have their own IMEI check on their bring your own device page.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.