The Samsung Galaxy S24
jchriste65's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 13th, 2019 12:24 AM

Pictures/ MMS won't download on Galaxy S9

I've had this phone for 15 months with no problems.   The past few days pictures will not download in text messages.  I have searched and tried everything I have found to no avail.  APN, MMS, etc.  

I have no problem sending pictures only receiving.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

• I've been having the same issue. I hoped after the update today it would've been fixed.
  • .NOPE. @AT&T, a response would be nice!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It works when I turn off my WIFI and use Mobile Data. Has been like this for months!!!!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Adding myself to the list. Thought it was my messaging app, then thought it was my S7 Edge, but now I have the S10 and have tried it with stock messaging and different messaging apps. Still doesn't work. Just tested it by turning off WIFI and hey! There are my MMS messages!! I get little to no signal in my house/neighborhood so WIFI (and WIFI calling) is a must. Very disappointing that AT&T and/or Samsung hasn't worked this out given how much service plans and phones cost.

Employee

• 

289 Messages

4 years ago

Wow! I have had this issue with the last few phones. I'm talking years with this issue. Reading this, I am just realizing I have not had this issue at all since switching to my s10! How wonderful that is!

• 

1 Message

(Edited per community guidelines)....S10 has same issue in my case

(edited)

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. Note 10+ same issue both before and after android 10 update. Advanced messaging wont turn on mobile data and fetch the image.

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

See my question with AT&T's (Edited per community guidelines) response here:

​https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/s8-picture-text/5e2b254be07181248bb1f018

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Yeah I'm not factory resetting my phone.

That should not be AT&T's answer to this problem.

Even though it does NOT fix it anyway.

This problem comes and goes with updates. At the moment my S9 is not able to download SMS messages without turning off WIFI first.

• 

1 Message

The last 2 security updates have been messed up with this issue, is AT&T in denial? Same issue as everyone else but the December update made things worse it used to be a select few individuals now it is most everyone. It is not carrier specific, nor mobile device specific (on the senders end). I need Wi-Fi calling enabled in my home because of low signal. Even with a low signal as soon as i disable Wi-Fi, boom the MMS's flood in. Most of the time it is photos but there have been text only MMS that fall into the abyss too. This issue occurred early on with my S8 but cleared up after an update until the August security update. Perhaps AT&T developers should switch to a better code release process to include code review and dif.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

It appears I have fixed the problem on my S9+. My WiFi settings on my phone for my home network got changed somehow (probably during an update) to use a Random MAC address. Changing it to use the phone's real MAC address fixed the problem.

I am on Android 10. I don't remember if Android 9 had an equivalent setting. Worst case scenario, try "forgetting" your WiFi network and then re-add it.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

That's one of the first things I did, but I tried it again for giggles.

Doesn't work.

Phone still broken as far as MMS through WIFI. :)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Make sure the WiFi connection is using the phone's actual MAC address. When I re-added my WiFi, it defaulted to using a Random MAC address.

The fact that turning off WiFi works means something about your WiFi makes the connection to AT&T's server unhappy. It is either your phone settings or router, or maybe a VPN or firewall.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've started having this problem as well and nothing AT&T suggests fixes it. Only way to download is using mobile data not wifi.

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Try turning off wifi and receiving mms using mobile data.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

@Awesome14

There's no reason to HAVE to use mobile data.

It has been stated before that it does work this way, but this is a crutch fix that can cost people money.

Not all of us have unlimited data.

• 

2 Messages

PS: I don't have unlimited data either.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same exact problem ?Started 3 days ago i have S8

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I figured it out! It is you and the person with whom you share the most photos, memes, and GIFs. Your conversation thread is full! You have to delete it. Don't just archive it because that won't get rid of it from your phone. Touch the three little dots at the top right of your conversation and you will have the option to delete.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

@mombrett1

I've tried that as well. Still doesn't work unless I turn off WIFI. :)

Employee

• 

289 Messages

Try calling AT&T and asking them to add VOLTEOPTO to your line save then remove VOLTEOPTO. Call from a different device as this action might end a live call. This code opts you out of Voice over LTE features. By adding and removing this code your VOLTE features get refreshed. Make sure to re-enable WiFi calling after this is done.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.